2/25 Sunny, fast, cookies galore.

Kyle

13 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

If you fly out of the country once it is worth the $$ to do Global Entry.....I think it's like $100......The screening process is more thorough than TSA pre....I did mine at PHL....

Yeah, I knew it wasn’t much more, but living 2 miles from ABE and then having that special signup when they brought Pre there is what made me choose Pre. Now I’ll probably renew Pre until I think I might go out of country, since I think I can just renew online and pay for the next 5 years with no effort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I knew it wasn’t much more, but living 2 miles from ABE and then having that special signup when they brought Pre there is what made me choose Pre. Now I’ll probably renew Pre until I think I might go out of country, since I think I can just renew online and pay for the next 5 years with no effort.

I can see why you would do this...With Global you do an online application...Then you have to schedule an interview which for me was PHL so I just took the train to the airport...and those guys that do the interview don't fuck around....I didn't speak till I was spoken to...

4 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I can see why you would do this...With Global you do an online application...Then you have to schedule an interview which for me was PHL so I just took the train to the airport...and those guys that do the interview don't fuck around....I didn't speak till I was spoken to...

Where did you take the train from??

I always take passport and driver's license on flights.  I keep the passport buried in my carry-on just in case something happens with my wallet.
I also only take one credit card in my wallet and put one other in my passport for the same reason.

Had to renew driver's license, so bit the bullet and got the RealID done.

Always take everything (wallet, keys, etc.) out of pockets and stuff them into carry-on just prior to going through security.
The only thing that gets me all the time is forgetting to pull out the big rechargeable USB battery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I always take passport and driver's license on flights.  I keep the passport buried in my carry-on just in case something happens with my wallet.
I also only take one credit card in my wallet and put one other in my passport for the same reason

I just dont like having to leave stuff either in my hotel room or rental car... I think risk of theft is lower in the rental car. A former coworker supposedly had an iPod stolen from her room several years ago

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I just dont like having to leave stuff either in my hotel room or rental car... I think risk of theft is lower in the rental car. A former coworker supposedly had an iPod stolen from her room several years ago

I can see an iPod getting legs, but most housekeeping isn't gonna go for passports.
Oh, forgot to mention, I put the passport and the credit card in with my underwear when in the hotel.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I can see an iPod getting legs, but most housekeeping isn't gonna go for passports.
Oh, forgot to mention, I put the passport and the credit card in with my underwear when in the hotel.

Some kinky cleaning staff might just stumble upon those while searching out your skid marks! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I always get frazzled dealing with the luggage scan. When I was a noobie I'd put my wallet and keys in a bin. Way too easy for someone to swipe, though I doubt anyone would because there are probably 1000 cameras. Now I put my junk in my suitcase first.

Still annoys me having to take my laptop out. I dont bother with small liquid bottles anymore and no one says a word.

Last time my white noise machine looked suspicious and they ripped apart my suitcase... I was not happy. Now I put it on top of everything

White noise is awesome.  I use vacuum cleaner white noise every night to sleep and sometimes when I drive

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Rental cars are big break-in targets, much more than regular cars 

• Sad 1

It made total sense to me even before ski trip flights were on my radar since we go to Disney so much. Whenever anyone asks me if it’s worth it I tell them if you fly once a year average it’s a no brainer. I say “It’s $85 for 5 years. That’s $19 a year. If you fly once, it’s $10 each way. If someone walked up to you and said you could hand them a  $10 bill to get in this shorter line, leave your shoes on, belt on, light jacket on, laptop in bag, liquids in bag and go thru the metal detector instead of the hands up, don’t shoot machine, would you spend the ten?” My answer was every time, so it was a no brainer.

$10 to not have the hands up dont shoot machine take pictures of my junk? Gonna look into this.

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Vaccum cleaner is my all time favorite white noise by far.  I thought about buying a Vaccum for the sole purpose of running at night when I sleep, but seems like a super fire hazard

The worst was when I lived across the street from cedar beach when the band kids would practice early in the morning. I must have heard the Mr. touchdown song eleventeen times.  The song was about Al Bundy who threw four touchdowns for Polk high.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1