Belleayre - 02/25

eaf

Damn, these people suck!

Their financial skills are non-existent. Marketing must be a bunch of college dropouts. And they obviously can't read because otherwise they'd just take a peek here and would know right away that all this time they were leaving money on the table selling adult limited passes for $349.

Today was gorgeous. Started a little cold and cloudy, but as the day progressed, the clouds got blown away, and the afternoon ended up being sunny and nice.

I have to say that these guys are in no hurry starting their lifts on a weekday. If last time everything was already running 45 mins ahead of opening time, today we didn't risk going down until about 20 mins before opening and still had to wait a few moments in front of gondola gates. They also had no intention to turn Tomahawk lift on, as it became evident from the posted open lift/trail reports. But I guess, the crowds kind of anticipated this unorganized shit, and probably drove to Hunter or Poconos because we encountered no lines anywhere except the gondola by late morning.

Some disappointment came from the state of the snow. While trails below the Overlook Lodge were something that we're very used to skiing after a period of rain and freeze and welcome with open arms, the trails above the lodge felt like stupid western groomers, which no way belonged to the East coast! If I wanted to ski THAT, I'd board a plane like Salty, but thanks, no thanks, it's Covid time.

All in all, I absolutely hate this place. Skiing open to close, absolutely stuck with no excuse to leave, no crowds pushing, no sugar piling, I still feel high from the wintery air and if this grows into addiction, I'll certainly be fired from my job because it now becomes a huge ordeal and takes the entire day, skiing that is.

91027069-BF87-4FDB-ADC2-233A2578413F.jpeg

2E53ED22-3902-45F9-8B0F-CFBC5F230C5C.jpeg

0467F6B7-BF87-4C91-ADFE-E03020683E9E.jpeg

4E3C3CC6-D5A8-4E0A-8811-7F4EAD65CA25.jpeg

705684E4-3A10-4110-8053-8562D204BC00.jpeg

Edited by eaf
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’m confused. Did Eaf love or hate Bell?  And seriously, it’s run by the state, in an area that’s run down. What kind of employees can you get there? The trails above the lodge were “stupid western groomers” What does this mean ?!

Eaf is a fucking ding dong 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I’m confused. Did Eaf love or hate Bell?  And seriously, it’s run by the state, in an area that’s run down. What kind of employees can you get there? The trails above the lodge were “stupid western groomers” What does this mean ?!

It took me some time but I think he's saying he liked it while attempting to throw shade at some common PASR themes.
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...