A New York Up-state of mind - 2021....

RidgeRacer

50 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Visibility is rough up top. Little white face is where it's at right now. Just did approach to wilderness to the base. Visibility sucks but the snow is really good

That's how it was the first day I was there. Very difficult to see. Hopefully it clears out for you 

Just skied approach to wilderness and made the most miraculous recovery in all my years of skiing. Flat light and foggy I didn't see a lip right before the pitch...came in with speed, saw the lip last minute and tried to stop but it was too late. Did a 180, and backwards wedged on that pitch (wilderness) with speed for about 300 or so feet. Finally dug in hard enough to stop but miraculously stayed up right. Literally had to pull over and just sit for like 10 minutes to absorb what just happened.

IMG_20210301_101607.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 9

That's how it was the first day I was there. Very difficult to see. Hopefully it clears out for you 

I honestly don't care that much tomorrow is supposed to be bluebird. The snow is really good and that's what counts. I just hope the summit and look out open soon
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Just skied approach to wilderness and made the most miraculous recovery in all my years of skiing. Flat light and foggy I didn't see a lip right before the pitch...came in with speed, saw the lip last minute and tried to stop but it was too late. Did a 180, and backwards wedged on that pitch (wilderness) with speed for about 300 or so feet. Finally dug in hard enough to stop but miraculously stayed up right. Literally had to pull over and just sit for like 10 minutes to absorb what just happened.

IMG_20210301_101607.jpg

Wow just wow doesn’t sound like you lol..sounds like you’re having a blast on an empty mountain. 

• Like 1

Dumping out. The last hour or so was skiing with a tinge of accumulated pow. Maybe an inch or so. Never got to the summit. It never opened. It was little WF all day with one run off lookout mountain and toward the end laps off the face lift as everything high closed around 3. Still a great freaking day. Ride home was sketch.

IMG_20210301_154419.jpg

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1