Season Passes...

indiggio

43 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Ikon college is $549. 

Blue pass is $599. 

Looking like I might do 2 passes for next season.

Still think the Blue pass is priced higher than it should be..

This is grate but to get two passes I would need to do a hefty amount of calculations to determine if it's worthwhile. 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, skiincy said:

Still think the Blue pass is priced higher than it should be..

Hard to see unlimited skiing as over priced when it costs less than 6 weekend 8 hr tickets - and includes preferred lift access which doubles the runs one can get per hour at peak times. And they match their closest competition Cbk.

The only thing I would fault them for on pricing is not offering a cheaper option good only nights and weekdays - as Cbk does.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

Hard to see unlimited skiing as over priced when it costs less than 6 weekend 8 hr tickets - and includes preferred lift access which doubles the runs one can get per hour at peak times. And they match their closest competition Cbk.
The only thing I would fault them for on pricing is not offering a cheaper option good only nights and weekdays - as Cbk does.

Have you been to blue this year? VIP line is all but worthless on weekends this year, so it’s a perk in name only at this point. $109 for a day ticket also shouldn’t be the barometer for a fairly priced season pass, but that’s a different story entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Have you been to blue this year? VIP line is all but worthless on weekends this year, so it’s a perk in name only at this point. $109 for a day ticket also shouldn’t be the barometer for a fairly priced season pass, but that’s a different story entirely.

VIP line was good when they filled the lifts to capacity. As a single I could board a lift with minimal waiting regardless of how long the main line was. Now it's just another line though if you get a decent worker they'll let more than 1 VIP groups board at a time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

This is so true.....Did they really sell that many more SP to make the VIP line so long?

I’ve heard they sold double as many season passes this year as last year.  They were selling a bunch early in this ski season perhaps in response to $79 weekend four hour tickets and $109 8 hour weekend tickets.  On busy weekdays the VIP line is usually shorter than regular line.  

Next season when lifts are full capacity I look forward to singles lines.  During busy periods that was always the fastest line as the liftline guy often would pair six singles together on the six pack.  Just for fun I sometimes like to come up with different combinations for the six pack...six people..5 and one..4 and two..4 and two singles...3 and 3...3-2-1...3-1-1-1...2-2-2 and six singles woo woo. 

4 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

This is so true.....Did they really sell that many more SP to make the VIP line so long?

I would love to see the actual year over year numbers, though given that blue is not a publicly traded company, I doubt I will ever see them.

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve heard they sold double as many season passes this year as last year.  They were selling a bunch early in this ski season perhaps in response to $79 weekend four hour tickets and $109 8 hour weekend tickets.  On busy weekdays the VIP line is usually shorter than regular line.  

When do you ever ski past 10 on a busy weekend? I know it's gotten busier earlier this year than in years past, but I was up saturday afternoon and got in 3 laps in about an hour. Any time prior to this season, VIP line in the afternoon was basically ski right to the front of the line, 5 minute wait tops. VIP was wrapped up around and back up home stretch for both the quad and six on saturday. That was never the case in previous years to my recollection.

• Like 2

I’m so lucky I have days off during the week to ski. I was at Blue Sunday- lines were ridiculous. I also saw a minivan and 2 SUVs parked in handicap spots at bottom lodge, with handicapped placards in the window. People piled out, started gearing up. Jackasses. 😡🤬 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

I would love to see the actual year over year numbers, though given that blue is not a publicly traded company, I doubt I will ever see them.

When do you ever ski past 10 on a busy weekend? I know it's gotten busier earlier this year than in years past, but I was up saturday afternoon and got in 3 laps in about an hour. Any time prior to this season, VIP line in the afternoon was basically ski right to the front of the line, 5 minute wait tops. VIP was wrapped up around and back up home stretch for both the quad and six on saturday. That was never the case in previous years to my recollection.

Justo years back me and Atomic Jeff used to stick around skiing until 1030-11 when the race team opened Razors up to the public and plenty of times I’d go back out for a few more after a beer or two in the lot.  But in modern times I’m just content getting 8-10 runs in before it becomes a shitshow. This season is an anomaly with limited lift capacity and favorable weather.  This season only one time did I return to the slopes for more runs after beers and that’s because it involved two hot blondes and jack and cokes.  

Just now, momskeeztoo said:

I’m so lucky I have days off during the week to ski. I was at Blue Sunday- lines were ridiculous. I also saw a minivan and 2 SUVs parked in handicap spots at bottom lodge, with handicapped placards in the window. People piled out, started gearing up. Jackasses. 😡🤬 

Well they might be mentally handicapped..Weekdays have been busy this season but a much more polite crowd than on the weekends.  Yesterday at maybe 920am in the six pack line a few were screaming for liftline guy to come out SMH shaking my Herman so I then skied over to the Main Street/Burma chair and of course the Burma lift wasn’t running yet even though there was already a half corral of people on both sides 

9 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

It’s cause they sold 4,000 season passes vs 2,000 the previous year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Not all "handicaps" are visible. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3

The lines are horrible this year. It's unreal how few runs you can get in an hour now once it starts getting crowded. Sunday afternoon was about 3 runs in an hour for my second session on the snow. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

The lines are horrible this year. It's unreal how few runs you can get in an hour now once it starts getting crowded. Sunday afternoon was about 3 runs in an hour for my second session on the snow. 

7-8 run an hour days beginning at 730am on weekends are a thing of the past like the dodo bird and the hunpty dance.