Season Passes...

indiggio

Everyone was putting on their boots without a problem. And if you have a serious health problem , you’re not going to be skiing, especially in a place that crowded. More like they have placards to take Grandma to her Dr appointments, and they just use them all the time. 

7 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Everyone was putting on their boots without a problem. And if you have a serious health problem , you’re not going to be skiing, especially in a place that crowded. More like they have placards to take Grandma to her Dr appointments, and they just use them all the time. 

Well than you should have confronted them. Shit like that doesn’t bother me. If they have a handicapped placard they’re entitled to park in handicapped places.  I never see any good tailgates in the handicapped section so I ain’t tripping. 

4 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Have you been to blue this year? VIP line is all but worthless on weekends this year, so it’s a perk in name only at this point. $109 for a day ticket also shouldn’t be the barometer for a fairly priced season pass, but that’s a different story entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No have not been to Blue this year. Bummer VIP perk no longer useful and that it is so over crowded. 

Hard to see what else one would base pass pricing on other than the main competition it faces - buying day tickets or buying a comparable local mountain's pass. I knew when I.saw day ticket prices go up that pass hikes would follow. This year's pass cost less than 4 day tix after they raised day prices.  That couldn't last.

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

No have not been to Blue this year. Bummer VIP perk no longer useful and that it is so over crowded. 

Hard to see what else one would base pass pricing on other than the main competition it faces - buying day tickets or buying a comparable local mountain's pass. I knew when I.saw day ticket prices go up that pass hikes would follow. This year's pass cost less than 4 day tix after they raised day prices.  That couldn't last.

Blue should have raised their price to like $800 then VIP lines would be shorter. Oh well maybe next year. My per day cost this season is at $7.80 and dropping..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Lines not too terribly long at Hunter this weekend. Got 23 runs in Sunday.

Yup, I was up at hunter sunday and got 20 laps in. I think longest we waited in line was probably about 10 minutes for the flyer once or twice. Even though it was crowded, it just didn't feel as chaotic as blue does. The more I ski elsewhere, the more I'm getting tired of shitshow at blue.

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1

36 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Yup, I was up at hunter sunday and got 20 laps in. I think longest we waited in line was probably about 10 minutes for the flyer once or twice. Even though it was crowded, it just didn't feel as chaotic as blue does. The more I ski elsewhere, the more I'm getting tired of shitshow at blue.

Park City was very enjoyable on a Sunday. I got a shit ton of runs in which was amazing for a weekend

The lines seemed to move so much faster than at Blue. Of course there are many lifts to choose from, but I didnt even mind waiting in some lifts with lines. PC and other resorts actually put a great effort into loading the lifts as much as possible while still ensuring social distancing.

Maybe just maybe Blue will start considering expanding like those top secret plans that have been spread around the Interwebz? Besides loading lifts more efficiently, or raising prices, that's the only other way to alleviate the 15 minute waits 

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Park City was very enjoyable on a Sunday. I got a shit ton of runs in which was amazing for a weekend

The lines seemed to move so much faster than at Blue. Of course there are many lifts to choose from, but I didnt even mind waiting in some lifts with lines. PC and other resorts actually put a great effort into loading the lifts as much as possible while still ensuring social distancing.

Maybe just maybe Blue will start considering expanding like those top secret plans that have been spread around the Interwebz? Besides loading lifts more efficiently, or raising prices, that's the only other way to alleviate the 15 minute waits 

Blue needs to continue limiting ticket sales along with filling chairs, otherwise lines will be long on weekends. Just so many people within an hour and a half of blue. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Way to get after it...which lifts did you mostly ride??  

I think I did 3 on the Flyer and the rest pretty evenly spit between west, north, F and D (the double to right of Flyer).

It was actually the most I ever skied in a day by just a hair - a little over 24k vert - and put me over my 400k for the season - also a personal best, though I expect to hit about 550k this season unless some of my plans get cancelled.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think I did 3 on the Flyer and the rest pretty evenly spit between west, north, F and D (the double to right of Flyer).

It was actually the most I ever skied in a day by just a hair - a little over 24k vert - and put me over my 400k for the season - also a personal best, though I expect to hit about 550k this season unless some of my plans get cancelled.

I’ve has many 60k+ days at Blue and Stowe and one at Jackson hole back when I was young. That’s still really good and you usually aren’t at the mountain at opening bell.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue needs to continue limiting ticket sales along with filling chairs, otherwise lines will be long on weekends. Just so many people within an hour and a half of blue. 

They can put up color coded diagrams in the line like PC does showing various arrangements of different parties which can be put on the lift and still have enough distance to space. This way maybe thered be less instances of a single riding the 6 pack with 100 people waiting in line

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well than you should have confronted them. Shit like that doesn’t bother me. If they have a handicapped placard they’re entitled to park in handicapped places.  I never see any good tailgates in the handicapped section so I ain’t tripping. 

Confronting someone over parking in a handicapped spot is how the guy got shot and killed in Florida in the video that was on the news a while back. 

• Thanks 1