Season Passes...

indiggio

14 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That $160 price increase got us these new groomers. Now there grooming will be perfect. bahhahahah 

1135415435_ScreenShot2021-03-09at12_46_50PM.thumb.png.33446c17fc214a80ca29bbe9bec68714.png

Damn you @toast21602! Beat me to it haha. 

It is interesting that they got a “park pro” though. 

Edited by antman12

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most of my days now are like 8-12k of vert I get bored fast skiing or frustrated by long liftlines. 

I certainly ski less vert most times I ski PA. One day at Frost this year the lines were so bad I gave up around 4k, and Liberty was so dull I gave up before 5k.

Often also ski less vert at the places with nice enough conditions for me to want to venture into trees or bumps regularly, as they slow me down considerably. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Now that Jibhonks are returning to Blue they should build a halfpipe.  I wonder if they still have the Zaugg pipedragon 

They're not returning to Blue.  How many do you see running NM/DW lately?
I see more BMR on NM/DW than jibhonks.
Maybe after BC shuts down. 

Edited by indiggio

6 hours ago, tarponhead said:

I could be wrong but traditionally hunter does not stay open late into the spring now if you got access to K’s spring skiing that would totally be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems like they usually shut down mid april from what i remember in years past back when they did a promo for passholders of other mountains and i'd do a late season weekend up there

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think I did 3 on the Flyer and the rest pretty evenly spit between west, north, F and D (the double to right of Flyer).

It was actually the most I ever skied in a day by just a hair - a little over 24k vert - and put me over my 400k for the season - also a personal best, though I expect to hit about 550k this season unless some of my plans get cancelled.

yeah we rode the flyer a few times, lots of laps off that triple (F?) and a few on north and west, but the snow over there kinda sucked compared to the stuff on the front side.

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most of my days now are like 8-12k of vert I get bored fast skiing or frustrated by long liftlines. 

expand your horizons, ski some bumps, make some turns, there's always something to keep it interesting and progress your skiing

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

They're not returning to Blue.  How many do you see running NM/DW lately?
I see more BMR on NM/DW than jibhonks.
Maybe after BC shuts down. 

I’ve only been on NM/DW like three times since its been a park but I see a lot of honks getting Steezy with it in Central Park...reminds me of the free concert with Simon and Garfunkel..hello darkness my old friend lol 

18 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

expand your horizons, ski some bumps, make some turns, there's always something to keep it interesting and progress your skiing

I ski as much as I wanna ski....there’s no day that I can’t ski at Blue..if I could only get up once a week an hour and a half wouldn’t do it for me.  In Jackson hole and Colorado I ski 3-4 hours most days and I’m cool with that.  I’ve been making a ton of turns on my new Kastles like five to six per run woooooo

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of those new groomers looks an awful lot like one that was broken down on the side of Razors for a month....

Not that it matters but I doubt this are fresh off the assembly line new. Probably purchased used. Either way its nice to have. Maybe a Blue mountain rep (Ashley i think her name is?) Will join pasr and tell us all about it.
  • Haha 1

I would be curious to know more about the Blue Mountain grooming operations. How many total groomers do they have? How many people do they have working each night? How long does it take to do the whole mountain? 

I like those time lapse videos that show lights from the groomers flying all over the mountain at night. Would be cool to see the same at Blue. 

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

I would be curious to know more about the Blue Mountain grooming operations. How many total groomers do they have? How many people do they have working each night? How long does it take to do the whole mountain? 

I like those time lapse videos that show lights from the groomers flying all over the mountain at night. Would be cool to see the same at Blue. 

My guess is 8 grooming machines...15 employees and All night long..Johnny style won a night with a groomer for winning a photo contest several years ago but he never claimed the prize.  Shadows groomsman Nate is a groomer at Blue I’m friends with him on Facebook and will ask him your questions  

• Like 1

Blue should end the free season passes for 70+ folks...I know demographics better than most and they’re going to be giving away a shit ton of free season passes in the next 2-5 years...most of those people can very much afford season passes.  I think maybe 10% off for those over age 69.   Shit I have customers who ask if we offer a senior citizen discount and they just get a hard “NO”...I do give local discounts and a PASR discount.  I always thought it was dumb that olds should get things cheaper. My parents save like a dollar at the movie theater and sneak in their own snacks. 

Blue should end the free season passes for 70+ folks...I know demographics better than most and they’re going to be giving away a shit ton of free season passes in the next 2-5 years...most of those people can very much afford season passes.  I think maybe 10% off for those over age 69.   Shit I have customers who ask if we offer a senior citizen discount and they just get a hard “NO”...I do give local discounts and a PASR discount.  I always thought it was dumb that olds should get things cheaper. My parents save like a dollar at the movie theater and sneak in their own snacks. 

I'd be ok with them ending free season passes for 70 plus and replacing that with free SP for military and for next year only...front line health care workers.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'd be ok with them ending free season passes for 70 plus and replacing that with free SP for military and for next year only...front line health care workers.

No free anything...they’re a business.  Discount for military and front line workers sure and not just health what about grocery store workers or the fine folks at the beer store. They’re front line AF

Blue should end the free season passes for 70+ folks...I know demographics better than most and they’re going to be giving away a shit ton of free season passes in the next 2-5 years...most of those people can very much afford season passes.  I think maybe 10% off for those over age 69.  

No! Jack Frost did that to me with their over 65 discount, cancelled it just when I became eligible. They figured they needed to give the discount to people just getting into the sport, which I can’t blame them for I guess.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were they good this last weekend?  You should go up tonight for the bumps or take off work tomorrow. 

They actually blew on them both days, so early runs were grate until the new got scraped out, then they got big, deep and slick.

Big work project preventing my escape.

• Like 1