Season Passes...

indiggio

No free anything...they’re a business.  Discount for military and front line workers sure and not just health what about grocery store workers or the fine folks at the beer store. They’re front line AF

I meant doctors and nurses who actually treated people during the pandemic, cared for people with covvid...placed them on respirators and what not.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue should end the free season passes for 70+ folks...I know demographics better than most and they’re going to be giving away a shit ton of free season passes in the next 2-5 years...most of those people can very much afford season passes.  I think maybe 10% off for those over age 69.   Shit I have customers who ask if we offer a senior citizen discount and they just get a hard “NO”...I do give local discounts and a PASR discount.  I always thought it was dumb that olds should get things cheaper. My parents save like a dollar at the movie theater and sneak in their own snacks. 

You have access to Blues demographics?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue should end the free season passes for 70+ folks...I know demographics better than most and they’re going to be giving away a shit ton of free season passes in the next 2-5 years...most of those people can very much afford season passes.  I think maybe 10% off for those over age 69.   Shit I have customers who ask if we offer a senior citizen discount and they just get a hard “NO”...I do give local discounts and a PASR discount.  I always thought it was dumb that olds should get things cheaper. My parents save like a dollar at the movie theater and sneak in their own snacks. 

I heard yesterday it is no longer free. The charge is minimal, but it’s not free anymore. And why do you hate old people so much? Aren’t they supplying you with most of your business? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I meant doctors and nurses who actually treated people during the pandemic, cared for people with covvid...placed them on respirators and what not.

I feel like the people who give vaccines are front line AF. Imagine standing within a foot of 100 people everyday...oh wait that’s the six pack line at Blue. 

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I heard yesterday it is no longer free. The charge is minimal, but it’s not free anymore. And why do you hate old people so much? Aren’t they supplying you with most of your business? 

I don’t hate them, I get a kick out of them...I’m as middle aged as it gets so laugh at people both younger and older than me. 

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

How do you make the distinction between a Covid Nurse who spent months working in a Covid unit and a dermatologist who wrote a script once for a guy who had Covid? 

• Like 1

How do you make the distinction between a Covid Nurse who spent months working in a Covid unit and a dermatologist who wrote a script once for a guy who had Covid? 

Easy. They'll need to submit a 10,000 word essay describing their work. The essay should include 5 professional references and should not be accepted unless it's on times new Roman font...size 11 max, double spacing is not allowed. From there Blue mountain would then verify the authenticity by first bringing on a certified university professor from the Harvard School of Medicine to review and grade each essay. If a B or higher is received, Blue mountain would then contact the 5 professional references to officially certify authenticity. Upon receipt of a B or higher as well as authenticity certification...the health care professional will then need to present a reenactment of their duties in front of Barb and the dude who's name i can't remember. This reenactment will be held in the wedding gazebo complete with scenic view. If Barb is legitimately brought to tears, a pass will be granted for the 21-22 season.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Easy. They'll need to submit a 10,000 word essay describing their work. The essay should include 5 professional references and should not be accepted unless it's on times new Roman font...size 11 max, double spacing is not allowed. From there Blue mountain would then verify the authenticity by first bringing on a certified university professor from the Harvard School of Medicine to review and grade each essay. If a B or higher is received, Blue mountain would then contact the 5 professional references to officially certify authenticity. Upon receipt of a B or higher as well as authenticity certification...the health care professional will then need to present a reenactment of their duties in front of Barb and the dude who's name i can't remember. This reenactment will be held in the wedding gazebo complete with scenic view. If Barb is legitimately brought to tears, a pass will be granted for the 21-22 season.

I'm going to start writing my essay now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I heard through the lift ride rumor mill blue is/was considering raising the age to 75.

16 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I heard through the lift ride rumor mill blue is/was considering raising the age to 75.

I really hope that if this happens, along with a bunch of other things that they have done/are doing that the demand stays high next year and all of this translates into the balance sheet because they are squeezing good will at this point in favor of profit. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

I really hope that if this happens, along with a bunch of other things that they have done/are doing that the demand stays high next year and all of this translates into the balance sheet because they are squeezing good will at this point in favor of profit. 

Demand is gonna stay high...the local population continues to grow and more and more people can work from home or are retired.  Mother Nature matters the most. As long as they blow snow when they can and run the lifts im happy.