Season Passes...

indiggio

On Blues Facebook page people are tagging their friends saying we should do this as in season pass deal and some have already purchased tickets and wondering if they can apply that towards their new season passes.  That’s my boy blue...and the $50 break for existing passholders a nice touch.  I’ve actually always been a little uneasy that first time passholders received the rest of the season free...gosh what do we get..

years ago bear creek peeps and other areas that closed early received free skiing at Blue.  Sort of like the alien pass deal camelback used to do. 

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Also not far off what I paid for a pass to all Vail mts this year though

Everyone's situation is different though. If I lived in north jersey and the driving time difference between blue and hunter was negligible, I'd probably get an epic pass. Hunter may be crazy, but it definitely skis much bigger than blue. Given that the closest epic resort to me is JFBB, which is still farther than blue, epic doesn't make as much sense. When my kid is older and can put in a full ski day somewhere and is more tolerant of a 2-3+ hour drive, maybe an epic pass makes more sense for me. As it stands right now, even with blue's price increase, it still makes the most sense for me, and probably a lot of other folks as well, even if an epic pass is not much more money. Time is money for a lot of people, and an extra 3+ hours in the car every weekend, plus more tolls and gas, definitely adds up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Justo8484 said:

Everyone's situation is different though. If I lived in north jersey and the driving time difference between blue and hunter was negligible, I'd probably get an epic pass. Hunter may be crazy, but it definitely skis much bigger than blue. Given that the closest epic resort to me is JFBB, which is still farther than blue, epic doesn't make as much sense. When my kid is older and can put in a full ski day somewhere and is more tolerant of a 2-3+ hour drive, maybe an epic pass makes more sense for me. As it stands right now, even with blue's price increase, it still makes the most sense for me, and probably a lot of other folks as well, even if an epic pass is not much more money. Time is money for a lot of people, and an extra 3+ hours in the car every weekend, plus more tolls and gas, definitely adds up.

Justo I feel like you’ve been at Blue more this season than normal. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Justo I feel like you’ve been at Blue more this season than normal. 

Probably a little more than normal? I have 20 days at blue so far. Kiddo is getting a little older and a little easier to leave with parents, and during a normal year I probably would have traveled elsewhere to ski a few more days than I have this year. One day at hunter and one day at bear creek so far, aside from my days at blue. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I just like drinking beers with PASR's in the parking lot.  If I have to pay $ 549 to do that, fine.  Beers and food in the lot after a few hours of scraping off all the snow and sitting at the top of Falls admiring the view of the parking lot is priceless 🥰😍🤩

It's just a cover charge to a series of exclusive parties

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

For sure. Only reason I brought it up was the comparison to Vail day ticket pricing - as Vail is absurd for day tix but completely reasonable for a pass. Not trying to change anyone's mind. 

For me super nice that my kids have gotten to love skiing bigger mountains and making regular weekend plus trips to do it. Amazing having an activity that brings us so much quality time together in their teen years. 

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

He is coming. We should start thinking about picking a date sooner than later...

Agreed. I would like to plan another trip, either West or Vermont but don't want to miss our party

55 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

For sure. Only reason I brought it up was the comparison to Vail day ticket pricing - as Vail is absurd for day tix but completely reasonable for a pass. Not trying to change anyone's mind. 

For me super nice that my kids have gotten to love skiing bigger mountains and making regular weekend plus trips to do it. Amazing having an activity that brings us so much quality time together in their teen years. 

Your girls probably think you’re the coolest guy in the world lol. They obviously never met Eaf. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Kept being a line of people at the VIP gate this morning trying to get through, even with a sign at the start of the orange room.

Then saw a guy with a tablet at the opening the VIP gate for day pass people and explaining to them it was for season pass holders only.

No problems after that.

8 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Kept being a line of people at the VIP gate this morning trying to get through, even with a sign at the start of the orange room.

Then saw a guy with a tablet at the opening the VIP gate for day pass people and explaining to them it was for season pass holders only.

No problems after that.

I noticed that as well. And some ding dong made it through finally thanks to tablet guy but then stopped at other side of the gate.  That’s as bad as stopping to tie your shoe at the top of an escalator.  Time to check out Blues website and see how many tickets they’ve sold for upcoming days. I really don’t think it will be that busy weekdays this week until maybe Thursday and Friday.