Multi-Mountain Pass Pricing

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Just now, saltyant said:

Good stuff. Are you planning on buying an Epic Pass? 

The link below has it priced at $999, but not sure if that's for last year or next year. I've spent over $999 in lift tickets this year so I might as well buy one for Hunter, Stowe and wherever out west (Vail) 🤠

As of right now my plan is to get an Epic pass because of east coast options and easily getting to JFBB for a change of scenery if I wanted.... and I really want to get to CB next year with @JFskiDan if @Barb will let me. I could easily make both passes worth my time so I guess it is just pulling the trigger on one. For ~$550 the Ikon pass is a pretty great price with my student discount. I'm Curious what the Epic will be. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Barb said:

Of course!  Would love you to come!  @JFskiDan made it sound like next year’s CB crew will be so big that there needs to be a second house rented. 

If I come I’m staying slopeside.  I don’t wanna share a room with Dan or Toast or Salty. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

As of right now my plan is to get an Epic pass because of east coast options and easily getting to JFBB for a change of scenery if I wanted.... and I really want to get to CB next year with @JFskiDan if @Barb will let me. I could easily make both passes worth my time so I guess it is just pulling the trigger on one. For ~$550 the Ikon pass is a pretty great price with my student discount. I'm Curious what the Epic will be. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.

Epic Pass is more appealing to me as I can day trip to Jack Frost, Roundtop and Hunter for a change of scenery. Plus a lot of good New England options also. The fact that Ikon Pass doesn't have any PA options makes it less viable for me, though it does have Windham which I've been wanting to check out.

I wonder what Epic means by this, or if it's just marketing hype??

Untitled.thumb.png.6539caff878b62a00907b25e3ee6bdf5.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Epic Pass is more appealing to me as I can day trip to Jack Frost, Roundtop and Hunter for a change of scenery. Plus a lot of good New England options also. The fact that Ikon Pass doesn't have any PA options makes it less viable for me, though it does have Windham which I've been wanting to check out.

My thoughts exactly. Ikon is great for west, Epic isn't as good west but has decent east coast options.

Edited by toast21602
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I’ll be waiting until 3:23

30 minutes ago, Barb said:

Don’t worry @GrilledSteezeSandwichi don’t want to share a bathroom with you. My place only has one so I will pre approve all guests. But maybe when you come to CO next month we can actually meet up. 

I’m not sharing a bathroom with anybody.  @Barb when I lived in Montana I shared a three bedroom apartment with two other guys and there was only one bathroom. Nothing worse than seeing short curly hairs on my bar of soap that were a different color than my short curlies. In hindsight I should have used liquid soap or had roommates who were competitive swim racers.  They shave their body hair to be more hydrodynamic in the water. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting for Indy Pass info to drop this summer before buying any pass, although epic northeast $335 student price is very tempting with roundtop being the closest ski area to me at just under 1hr away.  Might even do both (for less than the cost of Blue!).  Issue is that epic areas will all likely continue to be zoos on weekends, and I also have a vendetta against Vail for taking over and screwing up good old Ski Roundtop.

If by some miracle it turns out I can get more than 4-6 days trips out of Indy, without having to do insane day trip drives to the out-of-state places, that is what I will do. Currently only Shawnee, which largely lacks challenge, and Blue Knob, which usually lacks snow, are easily day trip-able for me.  $199 was last year's price, which could likely go up, but, while inexpensive, would only be worth it if I used it up North a good bit.

If any, and I really mean literally any (even Spring or Sawmill), of the other currently unaffiliated areas in PA get added to Indy that would make the decision easy for me to get it.  Or Plattekill.  Platty would definitely make it worth it.

• Like 1

That would definitely make the situation interesting.  The deadline for the low epic price isn't until late September so there is definitely time to see what is going on with these other passes.

Ok so what I saw was only about buddy tickets I guess, now that I look into it again, it says passes purchased before 9/17  get buddy tickets

But I didn't actually say any dates or anything about price increases so what I said before is kind of fake news.  I guess it is possible that prices would go up that same day? but I have no clue

Edited by abe
  • Thanks 1