Multi-Mountain Pass Pricing

Ski2Live Live2Ski

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think ski resort operating expenses have gone up faster than inflation as a lot of their costs include electricity and labor.  I guess accounting for inflation montage should have only raised prices $35.  Assholes. 

https://mishtalk.com/economics/largest-us-grid-supplier-warns-of-an-energy-shortage-due-to-undeliverable-mandates

Buddy of mine who works in power generation sent me this ,bad news if you only ride lifts . The good news is if you uphill you'll be in great shape . 

• Sad 1

Not like it's worth anyone switching from Montage to Mtn Creek or Blue Knob to get a better deal. Perhaps this brings them close enough to prices of Blue and Camelback that some will make that leap.  Moat likely it will lead more folks to switch  over to the glory of the Indy and/or Epic passes. 

• Boner City 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not like it's worth anyone switching from Montage to Mtn Creek or Blue Knob to get a better deal. Perhaps this brings them close enough to prices of Blue and Camelback that some will make that leap.  Moat likely it will lead more folks to switch  over to the glory of the Indy and/or Epic passes. 

If Montage would replace Long Haul with a high speed lift it might be worth it. But it just takes way too long to get to the top of the mountain riding those old slow lifts. On a Perder day I only did one top-to-bottom, which was rad, but it took like 15 minutes riding 2 lifts to get up. Ugh

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

If Montage would replace Long Haul with a high speed lift it might be worth it. But it just takes way too long to get to the top of the mountain riding those old slow lifts. On a Perder day I only did one top-to-bottom, which was rad, but it took like 15 minutes riding 2 lifts to get up. Ugh

The top of the mountain is honestly irrelevant to me unless the gladed areas off Snake are open. And based on topography doing top to bottom runs confines you to the least exciting parts of the northface. So I'm not really troubled by it. 

It is nice that the northface lift ride is kept to reasonable duration by not covering the lame part of the mountain. It's like the cool layout Blue had for half of their trails before they removed the lifts with smaller lines that let you skip homestretch. 

It's all about Rattler, Cannonball, Smoke, Boomer, White Lightning with occasional variety from Lower Fast Track and Lower Runaway. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

The top of the mountain is honestly irrelevant to me unless the gladed areas off Snake are open. And based on topography doing top to bottom runs confines you to the least exciting parts of the northface. So I'm not really troubled by it. 

It is nice that the northface lift ride is kept to reasonable duration by not covering the lame part of the mountain. It's like the cool layout Blue had for half of their trails before they removed the lifts with smaller lines that let you skip homestretch. 

It's all about Rattler, Cannonball, Smoke, Boomer, White Lightning with occasional variety from Lower Fast Track and Lower Runaway. 

Oh snap, Ski2Live is hating on Blue again…stupid Mother***er

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh snap, Ski2Live is hating on Blue again…stupid Mother***er

Yeah man, what the eff? I haven't used a stopwatch like Ski2Live would, but I strongly believe that riding any High Speed Lift is faster and more efficient than riding the old Main/Burma chairs, even with spending the extra 30 seconds on Homestretch etc. This is especially true now that there are never any real lines at any lift each weekend morning. I do not miss those slow lifts at all. If Blue can cut an extra trail thru beginner area to the new Main St lift that would save even more time and be super rad

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah man, what the eff? I haven't used a stopwatch like Ski2Live would, but I strongly believe that riding any High Speed Lift is faster and more efficient than riding the old Main/Burma chairs, even with spending the extra 30 seconds on Homestretch etc. This is especially true now that there are never any real lines at any lift each weekend morning. I do not miss those slow lifts at all. If Blue can cut an extra trail thru beginner area to the new Main St lift that would save even more time and be super rad

I’ve come to the realization after a decade of Ski2Lives posts that’s he’s simply a male Karen.  He’s one of those fuckheads who will complain that the soup is to hot or that his fat girlfriend has to many vagina hairs.   Shits crazy…most men like hot soup and hairy vaginas but Ski2Live is a wanker.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

ORDA keeps their pricing at last year's level - making it a more attractive option as others are raising theirs.

The passes with no holiday blackouts (the only ones I would consider are)

Belleayre 669 adult, 369 20s, 339 teens, 239 youth

All ORDA 859 adult, 699 20s, 439 teens, 339 youth

And they throw in the rest of this year and summer activities and buddy tix

So for the 3 of us it would run $1547

Not a bad price for that, but it means at least a 6 hr r/t every time we ski meaning we generally do all overnight trips. Will pay a bunch in gas/tolls/lodging.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:40 AM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

ORDA keeps their pricing at last year's level - making it a more attractive option as others are raising theirs.

The passes with no holiday blackouts (the only ones I would consider are)

Belleayre 669 adult, 369 20s, 339 teens, 239 youth

All ORDA 859 adult, 699 20s, 439 teens, 339 youth

And they throw in the rest of this year and summer activities and buddy tix

So for the 3 of us it would run $1547

Not a bad price for that, but it means at least a 6 hr r/t every time we ski meaning we generally do all overnight trips. Will pay a bunch in gas/tolls/lodging.

From what I see, Epic doesn’t have that spring skiing add on for new pass holders?

• 1 month later...