Multi-Mountain Pass Pricing

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Indy pass pricing and additions drop April 27.

They are hinting towards adding more mountains "in all regions" and slight price increase, but will "pack more value than expected"

I hope the day trip offerings for PA increase.  Indy would be a great alternative to Epic if that is the case.  Ikon potentially coming to Camelback makes things even more interesting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indy adds Powder Mountain Utah, West Mountain NY, and Mt. Ashland Oregon.

40% price increase to $279.

Blackouts added on Cannon and Saddleback weekends in January and March, Magic on MLK and Presidents Sat/Sun (but not Mon), and Waterville Christmas/New Years/MLK/Presidents.

More mountains could be added before the season starts.

Not quite as exciting for us here in PA as I had hoped.

• Like 1

If the WNEP ski card becomes a thing again this year that could be an assortment of mountains for around here that could be more easily visited than the current Indy Pass lineup

Mark Schroetel (spelling?) that was the manager at BC when they removed the Doe Mt lodge and built the new stuff 20 years ago went out west to Powder Mountain as GM. Ran a nice mountain at BC, should be nice if he is still at Powder Mountain as far as management. FWIIW.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Mark Schroetel (spelling?) that was the manager at BC when they removed the Doe Mt lodge and built the new stuff 20 years ago went out west to Powder Mountain as GM. Ran a nice mountain at BC, should be nice if he is still at Powder Mountain as far as management. FWIIW.

Mark used to post here like 15 years ago back when PASR had a few mountain reps.  I remember Heather @ Big Boulder used to post as well 

Mark Schroetel (spelling?) that was the manager at BC when they removed the Doe Mt lodge and built the new stuff 20 years ago went out west to Powder Mountain as GM.

Since today is analogy day on PASR....

He went from Bear creek to pow mow? thats like going from pee wee t-ball to the 7th game of the world series.

• 9 months later...

Almost that exciting time of year when those of us who don't live in the Allentown area get to compare ski pass products and make our selections for 2022/23

Blue kicked things off by taking a baby step into the multi-mountain arena with a 25% discount at Camelback, while charging $649 for what is still basically a single mountain pass. They can do that - and could even raise it more if they wished - cause the local crowd has no comparable option anywhere near as close.  Hopefully this price increase will cut down on the lift lines that have been Blue's one real weak spot, as they do have a better combo of lifts, terrain, snowmaking and vertical than anywhere else south of New York. Still that's more than I have paid the past 3 years for a 40+ Mtn Epic Local pass. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Almost that exciting time of year when those of us who don't live in the Allentown area get to compare ski pass products and make our selections for 2022/23

Blue kicked things off by taking a baby step into the multi-mountain arena with a 25% discount at Camelback, while charging $649 for what is still basically a single mountain pass. They can do that - and could even raise it more if they wished - cause the local crowd has no comparable option anywhere near as close.  Hopefully this price increase will cut down on the lift lines that have been Blue's one real weak spot, as they do have a better combo of lifts, terrain, snowmaking and vertical than anywhere else south of New York. Still that's more than I have paid the past 3 years for a 40+ Mtn Epic Local pass. 

4BC42504-6330-45A8-83C1-45ABD4200010.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue limits season pass and daily ticket sales.  Aside from a few days this season, liftlines have been manageable. 

The VIP line really helps. How would I put that into the calculations about season pass value though? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I find it fascinating that you can call blues lift lines a weak spot while praising epic in the same god damn post. Amazing. 

Lift lines will definitely be a factor when I evaluate Epic's offering - and if they raise prices I will similarly be hopeful that this will help make lines more managable.

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I think you should start warming up to the idea thats not gonna happen for a 4th year.  

I think it would be a positive thing if they raise prices somewhat to reduce crowding. Bringing back capacity limits and the need for reservations could work too. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski