Multi-Mountain Pass Pricing

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Camelback paralleling blue with the 25% off the sister resort and adding special Pass Holder lift access. They come in an insignificant $20-$30 under Blue's overall price, but throw in Camelbeach and offer considerably better deals for their off peak pass - which also starts an hour earlier (3pm) on weekends.

- Unlimited Pass for $629 ($399 for ages 6-22) 

- Skip weekends (until 3pm) with a Value Pass for $349 ($199 for 6-22)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Camelback paralleling blue with the 25% off the sister resort and adding special Pass Holder lift access. They come in an insignificant $20-$30 under Blue's overall price, but throw in Camelbeach and offer considerably better deals for their off peak pass - which also starts an hour earlier (3pm) on weekends.

You're forgetting one major factor. You have to ski Camelback 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

1. Blue is not Camelbacks sister resort...

2. Blue opened and stayed open before Camelback..

3. Camelback has no value...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Number of break even dates for adding Montage could drop if Montage increases day rates next season

Montage black out dates on Standard Indy are Xmas week and MLK and Presidents weekends - ideal times to travel further to places without black outs 

20 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I'll be hitting my 9th day on the Indy Pass tomorrow at West Mountain and 10th day at Bolton Valley on Saturday. They really didn't have to offer the 10% discount to renew. It was already such a great deal that I thought they would raise the price this year.

Yeah I’ll be getting it again. I’ll get my money out of if this year but I’ll plan better for next year. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Imagine changing your home mountain every year based on thorough analysis of cost ratios and breakdowns. 

I would prefer changing home mountains every year even if no cost impact. And prefer even more not having a home mountain. I crave variety.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trackbiker said:

If you get an add on Indy Pass to a Montage pass you can ski every weekend & holiday on the Montage pass. You wouldn't ever use the 2 days at Montage on the Indy Pass.

I understand. I figured that all into my calculation of break even point. I used weekend/holidays to calculate break even point as Montage is about half price.on weekdays, so it would take way more weekdays to break even.

22 hours ago, trackbiker said:

I'll be hitting my 9th day on the Indy Pass tomorrow at West Mountain and 10th day at Bolton Valley on Saturday. They really didn't have to offer the 10% discount to renew. It was already such a great deal that I thought they would raise the price this year.

We have used 12 days so far, compared to only 10 days used on much pricier Epic Local.

So for my kids and I it would actually be cheaper to do Belleayre passes (with holiday blackouts) paired with IndyPass than to do Montage passes paired with IndyPass. And plan to use the IndyPass during Holiday Blackouts.

Prefer Belle to Montage. But it is a bit more of a hike for a day trip.

Still thinking might just do IndyPasses and find other discounts for other days.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

Not gonna do a full analysis of the many Ikon options at this point. None include anything day trip-able other than limited days at Windham, which is a hike for a day trip. And they don't touch the Indy price point for places further afield. 

If someone else cares to summarize, have at it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1