Multi-Mountain Pass Pricing

Ski2Live Live2Ski

No question Blue is the closest mountain to Philly with high speed lifts and over 600' of vertical. That's why they can charge as much as Epic Local. It's a trade off to ski less good and/or less close places locally for access to other Epic destinations. 

I have found Roundtop.the most appealing PA option on Epic, as there are rarely bug weekend crowds at the Ramrod triple which accesses 600' vert including a couple headwalls (Upper Ramrod and Upper Gunbarrel) as steep or steeper than anything at Blue.

• Boner City 2

I like that Whitetail is separated into 3 pods green / blue / black + double black with their own lifts. The expert pod rarely gets real crowded and they leave one expert trail to bump up, though the HSQ is on the Blue pod. The facilities are newer and nicer than any other PA Mt. 

I like it as an occasional alternative. I have only gone there when the weather suits it - a dump of fresh snow hitting only that region, warm conditions when further north is sub zero, or soft Spring bumps.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’m likely the western most PASR in reference to the Philly burbs and whitetail is a 3 hour drive give or take a few. It would be an absolute nightmare to get to from conshohocken, manayunk, etc as you’d have to either go 76-202-81 or 95 south through Baltimore to 70 west, could easily be a 4 hour trip. 

edit: forgot about 30, but good luck with 30. 

The one lane in each direction between route 10 and Lancaster outlets is a nightmare on 30

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Once you cross the 2 hour threshold is it really that day trippable on a regular basis though? 

Thats my benchmark as well.  if i am going to travel 2 hrs to some resort, it best be for something more than lib, RT, WT......

Greek over those almost any day.  

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

No question Blue is the closest mountain to Philly with high speed lifts and over 600' of vertical. That's why they can charge as much as Epic Local. It's a trade off to ski less good and/or less close places locally for access to other Epic destinations. 

I have found Roundtop.the most appealing PA option on Epic, as there are rarely bug weekend crowds at the Ramrod triple which accesses 600' vert including a couple headwalls (Upper Ramrod and Upper Gunbarrel) as steep or steeper than anything at Blue.

i will be interested in seeing if you still drink the Vail kool-aid as much after they announce their 22/23 pricing.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats my benchmark as well.  if i am going to travel 2 hrs to some resort, it best be for something more than lib, RT, WT......

Greek over those almost any day.  

i will be interested in seeing if you still drink the Vail kool-aid as much after they announce their 22/23 pricing.  

I am not planning to renew Epic next year - I am just explaining why it is worthwhile. I have used my IndyPass more than my Epic this year (largely due to starting to have girls with me full time and only got Indy for them) and am planning on renewing Indy and augmenting it with some kind of triple ticket or frequent skier card or some other deal as well as maybe an Indy Spring card. 

The only places I ever ski that I can get to in under 2 hrs are Shawnee (90 min) Blue (100 min) Camelback (100 min) JF (110 min).

Further places I have day tripped to this year: Roundtop (120) Montage (130); Hunter (160) 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 3
  • Boner City 1

19 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I am not planning to renew Epic next year - I am just explaining why it is worthwhile. I have used my IndyPass more than my Epic this year (largely due to starting to have girls with me full time and only got Indy for them) and am planning on renewing Indy and augmenting it with some kind of triple ticket or frequent skier card or some other deal as well as maybe an Indy Spring card. 

The only places I ever ski that I can get to in under 2 hrs are Shawnee (90 min) Blue (100 min) Camelback (100 min) JF (110 min).

Further places I have day tripped to this year: Roundtop (120) Montage (130); Hunter (160) 

I would probably be more analytical about where I ski if I had to drive distances like you and others do. I'm definitely lucky where I am with a bunch of decent places within 60 minutes. Blue 10min, Shawnee 40min, Scamelback 40min, Bear Creek 50min, JFBB 50min. And then there are a few great easy day trippable places as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You two just analyze stuff way too much.  Glad you two bit the bullet.  

Haha true.

When you’re driving 3-4 hours round trip every time, it makes you factor in other details. 

i thought about doing another month Airbnb rental in Utah for like $1000 and skiing on the Ikon again. But I’m likely switching jobs so I’m not sure how entirely flexible their “unlimited pto” is. So I opted against being a vegabond skier again. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Haha true.

When you’re driving 3-4 hours round trip every time, it makes you factor in other details. 

i thought about doing another month Airbnb rental in Utah for like $1000 and skiing on the Ikon again. But I’m likely switching jobs so I’m not sure how entirely flexible their “unlimited pto” is. So I opted against being a vegabond skier again. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Now you can do that in Allentown and ski Blue!

• Boner City 1

20 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Haha true.

Unlimited PTO and $1,000 a month Airbnb..wow just wow..it would be nice if Blue finally had their condos, hotel or vacation club ready.  There’d be a triple decker bunk bed in the GSS suite with you, Schifdawg, salty and any other out of towns guests name on it.  I’d even put a werthers origional on top of the pillows.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, skiincy said:

What’s better… Burt & Ernie beds? Or Bunkbeds though?

Depends how much space you have and if your roomie is down for late night chats about societal issues.  The first three months of college I was in a triple which sucked..especially because my roommates met at orientation and wanted to room together and they just threw me in because UVM always overbooked due to a lot of people dropping out or failing out the first semester.   Bert and Ernie style is nice because you’re at the same level, there’s no hierarchy and can always push the beds together if you’re in Europe or somewhere exotic like Montgomeryville.  Bunk beds are a bit more utilitarian although being the top or bottom can expose inequalities..top can be seen as dominant and bottom as subservient..at least in prison or San Francisco.  I prefer to have my own room but if I was in a pickle, I wouldn’t be so fickle and just go with the flow as long as it gets me out on the snow. 

0BD1FE78-3B24-4A38-800C-A2296CDA02C9.jpeg

C4BBADD2-5DC1-43E7-8013-6F4D3A58954E.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Benm said:

season pass to jack frost sub 520

Let's be honest....Vail or whatever. I get it. but that's a hell of a deal. $519 you get JFBB, Hunter, Stowe, okemo, mt snow plus a bunch of others. Compared to blue and blue alone at 650? Damn. This is why blue cut off early bird when they did.

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

How much different is this from last year's pricing?

678380554_ScreenShot2022-03-21at8_27_41AM.thumb.png.8096f0df33f42af404d18906be3064a2.png

i paid $583 for the epic local last year.  i am very surprised to see them (what i consider) this cheap again this year.  

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Let's be honest....Vail or whatever. I get it. but that's a hell of a deal. $519 you get JFBB, Hunter, Stowe, okemo, mt snow plus a bunch of others. Compared to blue and blue alone at 650? Damn. This is why blue cut off early bird when they did.

If you have plans to ski around the Northeast, sure.  If you are comparing a "JFBB" pass with Blue pass, it fits right in there.  

Vail had way too many issues with their resorts on the East Coast this year.  They lack the importance of snowmaking.  I really hope they improve the overall customer experience for next year.  

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i paid $583 for the epic local last year.  i am very surprised to see them (what i consider) this cheap again this year.  

If you have plans to ski around the Northeast, sure.  If you are comparing a "JFBB" pass with Blue pass, it fits right in there.  

Vail had way too many issues with their resorts on the East Coast this year.  They lack the importance of snowmaking.  I really hope they improve the overall customer experience for next year.  

Yeah not for me but if someone is on the fence... They sure do know how to entice people with their pricing.

Unrelated to Vail... I'm very curious to see what the power pass (snowbowl, purgatory, Brian head and others that I could care less about) looks like. That drops tomorrow. May be worth it if I make multiple trips to AZ next winter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah not for me but if someone is on the fence... They sure do know how to entice people with their pricing.

Unrelated to Vail... I'm very curious to see what the power pass (snowbowl, purgatory, Brian head and others that I could care less about) looks like. That drops tomorrow. May be worth it if I make multiple trips to AZ next winter.

They do know how to bring them in with pricing for sure.  I can see people saying, "well, i guess the lines werent maybe that bad, and i could put up with them again....."

If you can be flexible, and stay away from peak times, it works.  

Granted i was there Sat, late season, but it was apparent some trails were not blown full width, and there was no snow what so ever in the trees.  not a speck.  Not that i was expecting to rip up Happy Land Sat, but with nothing in the trees, they didnt focus on them at all.  Peak treated Happy Land like it was a trail, just like Challenge.