3/3/2021 Another bluebird day

C1erArt

Holding down the fort. Great conditions, smooth with enough loose snow for turning. Stayed later, but the VIP lines moved pretty fast.

Paradise was in great shape for the first run, Sidewinder was great also, but they groomed in some small rollers.

Challenge looked a little rough, they must have done a fair amount of work on it last night. Waited until 10 to run it to let it warm up. Top slope in the sun was nice, but once you hit the shade it was teeth rattling frozen cord.

Run of the day was Razors. Nice at the start and just kept getting better. Never made it over to the west side.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Conditions were varying today. Rollers on Sidewinder were quite surprising, luckily it was sunny. Challenge absolutely sucked, it's like they meant to prepare it for luge competition. Razor was the very opposite of it. Paradise was kinda crowded and full of red jackets, once I saw how they were taking skis off of someone who I guess came down closed Coming Soon. Switchback and Lazy had decent snow, but Lazy had a few annoying slow spots right after the turn, which were getting worse and worse as the day progressed.

More cars than I was hoping for at the opening, but lines were never a problem until noon when I had to leave anyway.

So yeah, good day today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

what are these rollers on sidewinder??? i didn't notice them.

first chair quad got to razors before first chair on sixer could.
razors was ROTD, few cookies laying on top of well groomed snow but easy to avoid.
challenge was fuckin laughable, i didn't even bother.
3rd run - upper main was a beautiful, soft carpet, lower was polar opposite, not too bad though.
switch was surprisingly good.

might be there tomorrow

• Like 4

what are these rollers on sidewinder??? i didn't notice them.
first chair quad got to razors before first chair on sixer could.

Went up the quad first thing, there was a line of 3 or 4 people for the VIP gate, so I went to another gate that was open. When the VIP gate opened up, it must have been a good minute before any of the other gates open. Reminded me of bull riding at the rodeo, waiting for the gate to open.
  • Like 3

I rode from 12 to 230, mixed snow, it seemed maybe they blew in spots as certain trails were super super slow snow but others were harder and faster and it wasn't sun based. 

Everything was super soft in the afternoon sun and you could just plow through at full speed all over the place. Even Challenge below the skeet shot was superb, full grip fast snow. Razors was super fast but the roll out snow was hyper slow so it was like deploying the drag chute and mad people ate shit. 

Only one bigger roller on side at the bottom right before it meets the crossover about 2/3 across. Basically the sweet spot to make the turn onto falls. It's maybe a foot high ramp, super fun but bad spot considering how the Jerry's ski there.

Definitely bigger crowds today but almost no wait so a mighty fine day for sure.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I rode from 12 to 230, mixed snow, it seemed maybe they blew in spots as certain trails were super super slow snow but others were harder and faster and it wasn't sun based. 

They did. Most of the fan guns I could see from Main to the west were on from about 7 pm last night, was up making some laps on Burma with the boy.

• Like 2

They did. Most of the fan guns I could see from Main to the west were on from about 7 pm last night, was up making some laps on Burma with the boy.

Impressive blue is blowing snow at this point in season. I thought they generally stop that after prez weekend. Props to blue even if they are blowing junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Impressive blue is blowing snow at this point in season. I thought they generally stop that after prez weekend. Props to blue even if they are blowing junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue always blow snow when they can if needed.  I’ve seen them blow closing day.   

• Like 1

Someone was speculating in the lot this weekend that as a large volume power user they have a contract to use a certain amount of power to get their rate, and with the great winter and them not making as much snow we may see more than usual down the stretch as they push to meet a number.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Someone was speculating in the lot this weekend that as a large volume power user they have a contract to use a certain amount of power to get their rate, and with the great winter and them not making as much snow we may see more than usual down the stretch as they push to meet a number.

Well that should mean April skiing and riding for us!!!

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Anything is possible, but most large users would negotiate a rate per KWH.  My brother worked for a firm that did this for Whitetail, Liberty, and roundtop, long before they got Vailed.  If they are trying to meet a #, why would they be shutting down the quad on busy evenings?  Not running both doubles.....etc.  

• Like 3