March 5

Benm

well i'm back from an atypical day at blue mtn. not too busy today but i took the quad for all but 2 runs. was windy.

arrived around 8:35 and it took me a second to realize that they were working on the normal row. was bizarre parking elsewhere but its all good.
decided to take the quad up first run. paid off and I was three chairs ahead of the sixer by the top and able to make my way to the top of... a closed Razor's edge. FML.
wasn't paying attn and got pretty close to the fence so had to skate over to a very firm, semi-cookied challenge. not bad though, was a consistent condition and level throughout.
did main street next. some skiffs of light snow on a lot of it, with the one side of it groomed. wasnt sticky or anything. pretty good. 
sidewinder next, firm, little cookies, finally noticed the rollers ppl were talking about, little guys.
switch after that, even though it wasn't terrible, it was worse than normal. 
on the ride up the quad, i noticed that 'lower razors' was open, so a run down sidewinder with some speed at the bottom and I may or may not have have indulged.
lazy mile was ROTD since tut's lane doesn't count. chalky, soft snow. a little slow but it was good.  
another run down sidewinder with boomers acting as slalom gates with enough speed to maybe hit lower razors again. 
took one last quad ride up to get some pics.

but it got interesting. 

'lower razors' was in the process of being closed, ah well, that was that. until i heard ski patrol, clearly from above, saying 'people are stupid'. who is stupid? whoever went onto an open trail or whoever neglected to do their job? well i had to find out of course, so quick final run down challenge where i stopped to have a chat with one of them (it was not the person who said it) asking who was stupid and let them know that they could be heard from the lift above. it was a polite chat, they were just doing their job, but the possibility of them calling someone stupid for going somewhere not closed did not sit well. 

anyway, that was that, back to the lot and left. overall it was a pretty good day. 

IMG_20210305_0842115.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-090019_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210305-091649_Chrome.jpg

IMG_20210305_0959274.jpg

IMG_20210305_1011205.jpg

Edited by Benm
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Way to get after it.  I don’t understand why ski patrol was calling people stupid.  They need to brush up on their customer service skills. 

during my conversation, i was told they were prob referring to whoever neglected to close it off...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Benm said:

during my conversation, i was told they were prob referring to whoever neglected to close it off...

They never seem to know what's going on somehow, like the pow day morning. 

I'm headed up on my way back from Towanda, sun is hyper strong so a warm cold day. The parking lot just looks weird 

• Like 2

Went up last night. Lazy was pretty good, everything else could be described as: Sugar and Ice and everything dangerous. When people were near you it legit sounded like a flyers game. They fired up a lot of snow guns when I was leaving. Mostly trail intersections, the base area and they were blasting the whole learning area at the bottom and the entire length of paradise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Very irritated yesterday when our special parking lot area was closed. Then they got busy and opened it later. 😡 

That new stone is luxurious though. If I was sipping a cocktail I could have mistaken it for the deck at the St. regis. 

• Haha 2