3/7/21...Bluebird at Blue

Hey all,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived in the lower lot at like 7:10am and Johnny Law was already in the house. Also in the house were Mixilplix, JFDan, BenM, Schifdawg, Nastar glenn, Nancy, Wally, Charles, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Enjorales, Pops, Gary, Gary, GahSkier george, Indiggio, Drew, Chuong, Matt Edge, Zach, Tyrone and many more. 

Temperatures began in the mid 20s and warmed up through the 30s with the bright early March sunshine.  First run on challenge was not that good with some divots and frozen cord but from there on every run was decent except lower Main Street.  Switchback was a nice cool shady retreat, sidewinder was busy but good snow and the root roller before crossover kept people on their toes..the falls was epic bad and I got enough air to clear a credit card twice..bad Steezy I felt like R Kelly..I believe I can fly. 

I even got on paradise which had nice snow and lots of people with jackets unzipped and ended with midway to little gap to lower Burma which was chaotic and lines were longish at the doubles so into the lot for long enough to maybe get some color..err red.  Was fun drinking some beers and seeing PASRs dog mascot Wally. Also some paragliders doing their thing.  For sure this weekend was the busiest March weekend I can remember going back to the blizzard of 96.  Crowds were exactly the same as two weeks ago.  I should be back tomorrow AM for opening JADIP

75154A7A-4513-415E-82BD-7F2FD41D159E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today's snow was excellent. I haven't encountered any ice, it was very edgeable, and overall skiing was mostly smooth and fast except for Lazy where it was on the contrary slow and well lazy. Best trails for me were Paradise and Switchback, especially after sun hit it and where I stayed after the crowds went insane, management had their breakfast and finally opened Burma lift. Speaking of finally, I don't freaking get it! It's 10am, great day, already crowded and clearly gonna be crowded even more, and they're running only one slow lift. On top of it when somebody complained, the response from the liftie was: "well, go ahead and fill out job application". Just WTF?

Props to the BMR team. They at least know how to ride lifts. Today was a race day, kids labeled Jack Frost, etc showed up, some riding quad like Jerries, two at a time. Come on! You have your own express line, show some respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Whelp, I arrived in the lot today.. only to realize I left my goggles at home and I hate riding without goggles.  Since, I refused to buy a new pair in the lodge, there was no better time to teach/force myself to ride switch (goofy for me). 

I've been riding too long and too much to suck so bad at switch. This year was the first year I really tried, but my switch runs would not last long as I would always just prefer to just cruise normal and enjoy myself... In the end, today I made two full runs down vistas and Burma after messing around on vistas.

By no means was it pretty... But it was a start.

• Like 2

Just now, pcklein31 said:

Whelp, I arrived in the lot today.. only to realize I left my goggles at home and I hate riding without goggles.  Since, I refused to buy a new pair in the lodge, there was no better time to teach/force myself to ride switch (goofy for me). 

I've been riding too long and too much to suck so bad at switch. This year was the first year I really tried, but my switch runs would not last long as I would always just prefer to just cruise normal and enjoy myself... In the end, today I made two full runs down vistas and Burma after messing around on vistas.

By no means was it pretty... But it was a start.

I leave my goggles in my car so that would never happen to me.  I actually think they have some reasonably priced goggles in blues shop especially with blues discount.  Anyway if you know who I am I have three pairs of goggles in my car and I would have lent you a pair.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Anyway if you know who I am I have three pairs of goggles in my car and I would have lent you a pair.  

I appreciate it ,, thanks for the offer.  

In the end it worked out well, since I would not have pushed myself to do something different today

9 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

I appreciate it ,, thanks for the offer.  

In the end it worked out well, since I would not have pushed myself to do something different today

No problem and I’ve lent my goggles to others before I wouldn’t even care if you kept them a week..I’ve skied in khaki pants, gloveless, with an unzipped jacket and in times of adversity we gain strength at least that’s what a self help guru would say. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Lines are starting to dwindle a bit. I have a feeling this may be the last really busy day with the weather upcoming this week philly peeps will be thinking spring.

I’ll stay tuned to how ticket sales are online...looking like possible snow next week. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

No he didn't ask. He saw me let the people in front of me go to. He must've thought I wanted the privilege of riding with him

I ran into that a few times up there. Personally, I don’t care, but the one time this guy just hopped on and waited until about the 3rd tower of the quad to ask if I minded that he rides with me. I always try to ask other people if they mind. If they say they do, oh well their choice. 

• Thanks 1