3/10/2021 Sunny and Warm.

C1erArt

Another great day skiing, the slopes were in good shape, but not super like Monday. Challenge was a little marbley after a little bit. Razors top section was a little patchy with firm and soft spots, But once you’ve got down to Razorback it was nice and consistent. The west side slopes were a little soft but fun when I got over there. I put some yellow hydrocarbon wax on last night and it helped when things warmed up. Fresh edges helped on razors.

No lines at all today, hopefully things will stay like the rest of the season. Got down to 32° last night, but were in for a couple of warm nights. Hopefully below freezing again on Friday night.

Took a couple lifts up with BenM, nice to catch up on things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm liking the no lines part a lot. Hoping for short waits this weekend - dont expect no lines just yet on Saturdays and Sundays

There will be some lines with all the season passholders out. I still expect tickets to almost sellout this weekend but I don’t think it will be as silly as the last few weekends.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There will be some lines with all the season passholders out. I still expect tickets to almost sellout this weekend but I don’t think it will be as silly as the last few weekends.  

Agree.  With this week's warm temps and meltoff, people will start thinking about other activities even with the cooldown coming.
Hopefully this weekend is the last of the crazy crowds.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Agree.  With this week's warm temps and meltoff, people will start thinking about other activities even with the cooldown coming.
Hopefully this weekend is the last of the crazy crowds.

Indiggio have you got it down to $1 a run yet?  I’m about there.  Online leaderboard has me at about 400 runs but most sessions I don’t get scanned in the first run cause gates automatically open for the front row and plenty of other times I’ve skipped the gates like on the pow day or when it didn’t work and I forced myself through. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Indiggio have you got it down to $1 a run yet?  I’m about there.  Online leaderboard has me at about 400 runs but most sessions I don’t get scanned in the first run cause gates automatically open for the front row and plenty of other times I’ve skipped the gates like on the pow day or when it didn’t work and I forced myself through. 

No, $1.09/run right now.
Having a BAD year so far with the crowds, work, sick, etc.  No JAW sessions. Ugh!

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Their stat management is great!

They've just cleared my account so apparently I've been skiing only since 03/07 this year.

And for today they show 21 runs with 22105 vertical meters? Whoo-hoo!

Wow meters that’s crazy do you keep your car temperature set at Celsius when you are listening to euro trance on the drive to Blue?

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow meters that’s crazy do you keep your car temperature set at Celsius when you are listening to euro trance on the drive to Blue?

I'm just happy they don't own any gas stations. Imagine me asking for 10Gal and getting 10L instead... And yay for the tallest mountain in PA.

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm just happy they don't own any gas stations. Imagine me asking for 10Gal and getting 10L instead... And yay for the tallest mountain in PA.

That would be bananas...reminds me of the movie Super Troopers where the one guy asked for a liter of cola..when I was in elementary school many teachers still thought we would go to the metric system in the USA...I’m very good when it comes to metric conversations...

426F3817-BE29-4332-ABFB-57C63D67F08B.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1