3/12/21 - Supa Spring

toast21602

Sick bird ! I soooo wanted to get up this morning but work made it impossible. 

The lip on the left side of falls screams let's launch to the moon which is funny considering both I and Justo have gotten the business for doing just that. Even GSS sent like 2/3rds of falls somewhat by accident earlier this week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Sick bird ! I soooo wanted to get up this morning but work made it impossible. 

The lip on the left side of falls screams let's launch to the moon which is funny considering both I and Justo have gotten the business for doing just that. Even GSS sent like 2/3rds of falls somewhat by accident earlier this week. 

Like half of the falls...was like a platform diving board and I landed perfectly. JLaw you’ve really gotten after it so far this month, I believe 10 out of the first 11 days..do you leave for Utah tomorrow?

• Like 1

Surprised at how nice it was. A couple patches of ice near the top of sidewinder, but everything else had good cover. Main Street skied pretty evenly all the way down. Nearly got up close and personal with a boarder on Switchback that decided to cross the slope without looking uphill. A lot of little kids out when I left at 10:30.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Like half of the falls...was like a platform diving board and I landed perfectly. JLaw you’ve really gotten after it so far this month, I believe 10 out of the first 11 days..do you leave for Utah tomorrow?

Gotta get it while the getting is good, I'd ski everyday of my life if I could so honestly it's mostly what I have going on at work. I leave Sunday morning at like 8 or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours/720 minutes until I pick up my new skis from True Blue, and 12.5 hours/750 minutes until I'm on the 6 pack getting ready to rip down Razor's Edge or Sidewinder on them for the first time.

Gonna be hard to sleep tonight, it's New Skis Eve.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

12 hours/720 minutes until I pick up my new skis from True Blue, and 12.5 hours/750 minutes until I'm on the 6 pack getting ready to rip down Razor's Edge or Sidewinder on them for the first time.

Gonna be hard to sleep tonight, it's New Skis Eve.

Snow is gonna be fast tomorrow AM believe that.  Don’t be dissapointed if conditions are crap and grooming is suboptimal.  So did you go to blue to drop your skis off. I won’t have any trouble falling asleep tonight thanks to my good friend jack Daniels 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Snow is gonna be fast tomorrow AM believe that.  Don’t be dissapointed if conditions are crap and grooming is suboptimal.  So did you go to blue to drop your skis off 

Correct. It might soften up nicely by mid-morning before it gets choppy (?). First couple runs on corduroy should be nice unless they are nothing but cookies.

Correct, took them yesterday as I had to go to W-B and decided it was worth the hour drive to Blue to be able to ski Elan Ripstick 96's on Saturday morning instead of waiting until Sunday.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. It might soften up nicely by mid-morning before it gets choppy (?). First couple runs on corduroy should be nice unless they are nothing but cookies.

Correct, took them yesterday as I had to go to W-B and decided it was worth the hour drive to Blue to be able to ski Elan Ripstick 96's on Saturday morning instead of waiting until Sunday.

*what was in W-B?  I’m glad you are getting your skis fast.  Conditions are anybodies guess but I’m expecting the worst initially at least based on temperatures and blues grooming. 

Salty werent you tempted to sko a few runs at Blue yesterday?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

*what was in W-B?  I’m glad you are getting your skis fast.  Conditions are anybodies guess but I’m expecting the worst initially at least based on temperatures and blues grooming. 

Salty werent you tempted to sko a few runs at Blue yesterday?

Took a cat to get spayed. Wasn't tempted, it was probably mershed perterters and I only had RTMs. Plus I had a cat in the car that was spaced out from anesthesia.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1