3/14/21...Quad down..sunny.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was in the mid 30s.  In the house were Toast, NMSki, Matt Edge, enjorales, tele Matt, Atomic Jeff, BenM, JFDan, Salty, Mixilplix, Mute, Ryan, Boo Bear, Justo, Rose, Bethlehem Ford Guy, TP4, Schif, Nancy and many others. 

First two runs on challenge were very nice followed by three runs on Main Street which was super smooth and filled with cord, Sidewinder was sugar and chop as was Paradise.  Close to 9am the six pack was down which lmade for a long quad line.  I did Widowmaker off the Main Street chair and it was pretty good midway and Main Street not as nice.  Quad was still down and like a ten minute wait and ended up being down the entire morning. Hungout in the lot for a little while Toast, Atomic Jeff and salty went bike riding.  I party rocked last night combined with the time change I didn’t sleep much so was tired and happy to be back ready for a nap.  JADIP

525504B6-C1B7-4D12-8C2A-C6046C07B33B.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Decent morning until the 6er went down. First few runs were good, then the sugar took over. Not enough insulin in the world to take care of the sugar piles on Sidewinder. 

As a prospective 2021/22 Blue Mountain season passholder, I'm hoping they make some snow the next 2 nights and also fix the 6er ASAP

Edited by saltyant

Yeah, the 6-pack definitely picked the wrong time to go down. With the race going on it looks terrible on the webcams.

We've moved to slow lifts as soon as they stopped the 6-pack, hoping that it wouldn't be for long, but they've never brought it back up, so we ended up lapping Main St + Burma until noon.

Burma lift was spinning all the time, but what's crazy is that they periodically just stopped loading it. People would pile up, they'd temporarily start loading Burma, but as soon as lines become reasonable, they'd stop loading until it gets crazy again. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. It seems like BM just enjoys the sight of huge crowds on their mountain, so let me post this webcam shot for posterity.

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 4.23.50 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, the 6-pack definitely picked the wrong time to go down. With the race going on it looks terrible on the webcams.

We've moved to slow lifts as soon as they stopped the 6-pack, hoping that it wouldn't be for long, but they've never brought it back up, so we ended up lapping Main St + Burma until noon.

Burma lift was spinning all the time, but what's crazy is that they periodically just stopped loading it. People would pile up, they'd temporarily start loading Burma, but as soon as lines become reasonable, they'd stop loading until it gets crazy again. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. It seems like BM just enjoys the sight of huge crowds on their mountain, so let me post this webcam shot for posterity.

I quit at 9:15 today after the line formed at the double. Wao, one of the shortest sessions of the season for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jumping right on a high speed lift at Blue without waiting for 5+ minutes was nice while it lasted 

Edited by saltyant

Even with gimp knee bumps were $. What a wonderful day. On three consecutive rides up double today had to step off platform twice because clueless folks loaded chair behind me and third time had to carry up ski of person who ate it on chair prior.
But the bumps today [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tarponhead said:

Even with gimp knee bumps were $. What a wonderful day. On three consecutive rides up double today had to step off platform twice because clueless folks loaded chair behind me and third time had to carry up ski of person who ate it on chair prior.
But the bumps today emoji7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve carried more skis up the lift this year than my entire life combined. 

• Like 2

Fought through the doubles crowd all day, which as reported, would be long/short depending upon if the lifties decided to work or not.

Regardless, once the temps came up and the sun had time to do its job, the snow and bumps turned hero and made for a grate afternoon of skiing.

Ended up riding the triple twice to get out of the valley which was proven to be faster than waiting in the quad line.

Word is that a bearing is shot in the six and as usual need a part sent in.

Also heard that Ski-Doo bought Blue!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 3

Fought through the doubles crowd all day, which as reported, would be long/short depending upon if the lifties decided to work or not.
Regardless, once the temps came up and the sun had time to do its job, the snow and bumps turned hero and made for a grate afternoon of skiing.
Ended up riding the triple twice to get out of the valley which was proven to be faster than waiting in the quad line.
Also heard that Ski-Doo bought Blue!

There's a lot going on in those last 2 sentences. Haha
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I have worked with a lot of people, who only thought parts for whatever they were working on were available only at the dealer or manufacturer.  I get that the bearing on the bullwheel might be fairly specific, but its my understanding they were working on one of the tire/wheel things.  I can almost guarantee that would be a bearing that is super easy to source if they would take the time to do so, but we are talking about Palmerton-ites.  

• Haha 1

they just started assessing when we got on the six. climbed up the first pole so i'm not sure if it has anything to do with what's inside the big structure.

maybe they can rip a wheel off the burma lift. not like it runs that much anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1