Sunday March 14 and Monday March 15

Mess

Great and much needed family ski trio to Elk.  We have not had much chance to get away so we decided to get an airbnb cabin 5 minutes from the mountain and get a weekday ski in.  It is getting tough to get out and expensive with all 5 of us skiing.  

Sunday was a great day.  A few flurries and some squalls made it feel like midwinter skiing.We spent most of day 1 on East/West Meadow and Tioga to get the kids(7, and 10 year old) more comfortable.  We ate in the Winter Garden restaurant.  Shared nachos, wife and son shared asian chicken, little guys had chicken tenders and chicken noodle soup.  Everything was pretty good and not too expensive. Toward the end of the day we were lapping Mahican to Lenape. I really enjoy that trail because of the tree and views actually remind me of a trail in Vermont.  Snow was pretty good, some sugar, some mashed potatoes.  We headed to our cabin which was pretty nice and had a wood stove to warmup.  I went to a Cable's market to pick up pizzas and baked goods for the kids.

Monday was even better.  Woke up and headed back to Cable's for coffee, Breakfast sandwiches and muffins. Arrived at Mountain around 10:00. No crowds really helped with the kids confidence.  We jumped on the quad from our car and started the day on Mahican/Lenape.  Snow was perfectly groomed.  It was a bluebird day and cold so the snow was fast.  We started hitting all of the blue trails the rest of the day.  The kids loved kickapoo and handled all of the turns really well. We then went to Wissahickon which was steeper then i thought but kids enjoyed it and wanted to do it multiple times.  We went to lodge for a break/lunch and then hit Delaware.  My wife and the younger 2 hung at the lodge so my 13 yo and I could hit Susquehanna.  My son ripped down the trail, I was going pretty fast also but he smoked me.  He was waiting near the lift and when I got there he said, "I have been waiting a while, Slow poke." The rest of the day was spent lapping the blue trails near the quad.  I took one run Tecumseh to see if my daughter could handle it(she probably could have) but no reason to risk ruining her confidence after 2 great days.

• Like 9