3/19/21...Empty..windy

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain  I arrived at the lower lot at 820am and it was 31 degrees under party sunny sky’s with strong northwesterly winds In the house were Atomic Jeff, Tele-Matt, C1er, BethlehemFordGuy, Voltmer, Enjorales and Pops.  

The six pack started running a few minutes late and I started on Razors which had surprisingly nice grooming and was a little nicer than frozen cord.  After a few runs on Razors I tried Switchback which was decent especially the last pitch.  Then continued mainly onto Razors with one foray over to Main Street which had nice groomed snow but was in a wind tunnel   No liftlines and comfortable temperatures made for a better than expected session after over an inch of rain yesterday.

I’m looking forward to some spring conditions and party rocking this weekend  JADIP

6DAE8496-FEC0-42E4-BC42-38994C870E4C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Skied until after 1. Razors and Challenge never softened up. Switchback was completely smooth like Telly Savalas’ chrome dome.

Got a little soft up top and very soft at the bottom by the time I left. Some loose stuff on Sidewinder left side but right side was still frozen cord. The wind never really let up, was an effort to get over to razors. Corral never got past the inside ropes.

Skied 27 runs, personal bests on Strava on Challenger, Nightmare and Main Street even with the wind. Conditions were really easy on the knees which is why I got so many runs in. Silver helmet guy showed up later. Good time had by all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Skied until after 1. Razors and Challenge never softened up. Switchback was completely smooth like Telly Savalas’ chrome dome.

Got a little soft up top and very soft at the bottom by the time I left. Some loose stuff on Sidewinder left side but right side was still frozen cord. The wind never really let up, was an effort to get over to razors. Corral never got past the inside ropes.

Skied 27 runs, personal bests on Strava on Challenger, Nightmare and Main Street even with the wind. Conditions were really easy on the knees which is why I got so many runs in. Silver helmet guy showed up later. Good time had by all.

Personal best speed?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Personal best speed?

53 on Challenge lower down out of the wind. Trying to ski like my hero Jeff with a low carving profile. Of course, since I was keeping low the GPS might not be too accurate. 46 on Main Street. I just linked Slopes up to Strava a couple of weeks ago.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1