3/20..first day of spring.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 28 degrees under sunny sky’s.  In the house were Mixilplix, Salty, Toast, Atomic Jeff, Mute, BenM Ryan, C1er, JFDan, PARidge, Schifdawg, Schifdawgs mom, Schifdawgs hot aunt, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Nancy, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Justo, Rose, Ty, GSSucks, Marty and many others. 

Razors was really nice softish cord to start and stayed decent. Nice cord on upper Main Street, sidewinder got pretty deep sugar fast, Paradise was ok and many got extra sendy on the falls.  While I skied there were no real liftlines, just a minute or two mostly on the six pack.  They also seeded bumps on the right side of challenge and the rest of it was decent hardback.  Nice sunny 50 degrees in the parking lot..had a couple beers and some snacks and was out before noon.  Ski everybody tomorrow for party day!!!

B92E0E5B-E4A6-4E2A-8E6F-CE9C95A3D649.jpeg

68FD785D-D350-4802-B408-DF292C245800.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only time I did whirlybirds this season was the day I got to ski with two of Falcos angels.  I’ll throw some on Tuts Lane tomorrow on-demand until I get dizzy. 

Are whirlybirds fun? Think I'd get dizzy. I hate spinning rides at parks, would rather go super fast on steep steep drops like rolly coasters

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only time I did whirlybirds this season was the day I got to ski with two of Falcos angels.  I’ll throw some on Tuts Lane tomorrow on-demand until I get dizzy. 

Maybe after a beer or 3 I’ll do some aerial whirlybirds in dreamweaver. 

or 1st run 

• Like 1

Today was amazing, skied for 2.5 hours and did some runs with @enjoralas, @Schif & @pops. All the runs were fun, felt good on my new skiz thru the sugar on Sidewinder and Main Street.

Only got yelled at one time by @AtomicSkier for inadvertently putting the bar down on the chair he was going to sit on - was too fast trying to get on and didnt mean to do that 🤷🏻‍♂️ Said sorry about 2 or 3 times and fortunately got the bar up before I really FUBAR'ed the line. Whoops!

Also scratched my 1 yr old goggles which is terrible and the toothpaste method did nothing - I think it made it worse than before.

Ice is nice JADIP, planning for a long day at Blue tomorrow from 7:15 to 4:30 probably. WTGAI

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Today was amazing, skied for 2.5 hours and did some runs with @enjoralas, @Schif & @pops. All the runs were fun, felt good on my new skiz thru the sugar on Sidewinder and Main Street.

Only got yelled at one time by @AtomicSkier for inadvertently putting the bar down on the chair he was going to sit on - was too fast trying to get on and didnt mean to do that 🤷🏻‍♂️ Said sorry about 2 or 3 times and fortunately got the bar up before I really FUBAR'ed the line. Whoops!

Also scratched my 1 yr old goggles which is terrible and the toothpaste method did nothing - I think it made it worse than before.

Ice is nice JADIP, planning for a long day at Blue tomorrow from 7:15 to 4:30 probably. WTGAI

Salty didn’t you ski some runs with me?  

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don’t understand how toothpaste will repair a scratch in a pair of goggles.  Most of my older goggles get some scratches eventually. I’ve never tried to repair them and once your eyes get adjusted you probably won’t even notice.  Anyhow over the summer I bet you’ll be able to find comparable goggles cheap on the inter web. 

• Thanks 1

Longest day ever at Blue. Didn't get home until after 6pm

1. Teaching your mom to ski is not the most fun thing when you have no idea how to ski yourself but @skiincy popped over to the learning hill and saved the day a little bit. 

2. Had no idea the restaurant at the top had such good food. Just assumed it was good for a ski resort but I was pleasantly surprised. 

3. Razors was grate 

4. Might have gotten a little sunburned 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Found @Schifat the learning area. 
A0CBF60A-2571-4470-A45B-1713FB61ECA6.thumb.jpeg.12f4423995b15260893d6da9fdeea516.jpeg

the next pasr issue can have ... how to make a ski bindle like the finest hobo

Love this. Props on including a picture with train tracks. Gets my blood moving more than lawn pictures. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Confused 1