Chair incident

Lift Blog

I hate people on social media. If it happened or not, camelback isn’t going to post anything to their social media accounts immediately (especially if it involves injury) yet you see no comments on if they shut the lift down or not afterwards, which it’s assumed they did.  

I rode Sullivan Lift several times on Tuesday. It was running but kept stopping for no apparent reason, so I got fed up and moved to Stevenson which didn't stop. 

I don't know much about chair lifts and maintenance required, but this appears highly irresponsible. WTF?

• Confused 1

Guys, it’s a detachable lift. It’s mechanical, mechanical things can fail at any given time regardless of the amount of maintenance put into it, chalk it up as an accident because until it’s proven otherwise, that’s what it was. 

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I rode Sullivan Lift several times on Tuesday. It was running but kept stopping for no apparent reason, so I got fed up and moved to Stevenson which didn't stop. 

I don't know much about chair lifts and maintenance required, but this appears highly irresponsible. WTF?

Accidents happen. The lift ran for 26 years without a chairlift full of people falling so they had a pretty good run.  

Just now, saltyant said:

Don't rush to judgement. Similar things have happened elsewhere. Timberline Lodge, Thredbo Australia, Mt. Bachelor.