Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just booked my airfare for my Colorado skifari in three weeks.  Airfare has actually got up a little on southwest but I had some credit to apply to this and with early bird check in my out of pocket is $99 roundtrip for direct flights from Philly to Denver. Just have to book rental car and hotel now.  I’m psyched to finally go somewhere after 14 months of being in PA...I’ll use this thread to post updates of my trip and as many of you know from my past Colorado skifaris...it dumps when I’m out there...

RAD!!!

I'm looking at flights and considering something similar..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skiincy said:

RAD!!!

I'm looking at flights and considering something similar..

Steezy I visited Johnny style in aspen in 2011 with Atomic Jeff in late March and it dumped hardcore and did a skifari April of 2014-2019..the first year I went to Loveland, Abasin, Copper, Beaver creek and steamboat and the other years did Loveland, Copper and Abasin..I even had a date with a girl in Boulder the one year..speaking of Boulder there’s an active shooter there at a grocery story.  

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Barb said:

FYI Summit country moving back to level Orange on the Covid dial today. 

I’ll have to check to see what that means.   Does that mean no indoor dining?

edit: I looked it up restaurants going from 50% capacity to 25% capacity no worries...it’s a ghost town up there then anyway.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, eaf said:

How's packing going on? Did you already find someone to water flowers and feed the fish? Found $20 to tip shuttle driver? Checked in and paid for luggage?

What shuttle driver?  I’m parking in the garage next to my terminal.  So far packed my ski bag..still have to do laundry.  I’m flying southwest and have early bird checkin and two bags are included.  Multiple alarms set. 

C4B270D8-5AED-4495-B4CC-73A494AB47F0.png

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

Wow, 2am!

Yeah and Friday night I didn’t even get in until 2:45AM.  6am flight I’ll leave for the airport around 245-3...get there at 4am...probably be through security around 430..but the cool thing is if all goes well I’ll be landing in Denver a little after 8am mountain standard time.  In theory I could ski tomorrow but I have six ski days and like starting fresh. 

Yeah and Friday night I didn’t even get in until 2:45AM.  6am flight I’ll leave for the airport around 245-3...get there at 4am...probably be through security around 430..but the cool thing is if all goes well I’ll be landing in Denver a little after 8am mountain standard time.  In theory I could ski tomorrow but I have six ski days and like starting fresh. 

Why would you fly that early if you’re not planning on skiing that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Why would you fly that early if you’re not planning on skiing that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always like early flights...I’ve never skied on arrival day or departure day on an out west trip. I’m not missing much tomorrow..the snow starts on Tuesday!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I always like early flights...I’ve never skied on arrival day or departure day on an out west trip. I’m not missing much tomorrow..the snow starts on Tuesday!!!  

Wao since you'll have all day you should check out the Denver Mint and maybe tour the Capitol.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wao since you'll have all day you should check out the Denver Mint and maybe tour the Capitol.

I’ll keep you updated on what I do tomorrow on my way into the mountains.  I’ll probably get brunch somewhere and stop at the marijuana dispensory in Idaho Springs. My check in isn’t until 4 although since I’m staying six nights at the Hampton inn maybe they’ll let me checkin early.  I’ve had mixed results with early check ins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All checked in and through security and at Gate E16 in PHL. Funny seeing people waiting outside Dunkin’ Donuts to open. I don’t want caffeine. I wanna sleep on the plane. I was a fucking zombie when I got out of bed at 215am.  I believe I remembered everything.  It’s easy to pack when you live in a hotel house.  Also funny to see the dick noses in airport as well.  Thought they were strict about masks. I can’t wear my glasses with mask so don’t blame some.  

• Like 2