Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

Just now, saltyant said:

That's bullshit, I would be furious if i paid for a window seat and got that and the website didnt tell me when i picked the seat.

I picked the row...there’s one row on southwest with no window...was the first empty row...I usually keep the shade down cause I don’t like the light. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I picked the row...there’s one row on southwest with no window...was the first empty row...I usually keep the shade down cause I don’t like the light. 

Ah never mind if you picked it. I always like to look out the window but to each their own 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ah never mind if you picked it. I always like to look out the window but to each their own 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can’t stand the aisle cause olds use the seats to help balance as they walk down the aisle.  Middle seat is nice cause being wedges between two people keeps me warm.  

Anyway wheels down in 20 minutes.  I’ll let you know what kind of rental car I get from Alamo..yes there’s no basement at the Alamo wahahahaha 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw online that Philly is ranked one of the worst airports.  

At least in philly you can move between terminals without needing to go through security each time. I spent close to 12 hours in F terminal at TPA yesterday and they only had one place open to get food. To get to another terminal you have to take a “tram” and TSA is at the front of each terminal. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

At least in philly you can move between terminals without needing to go through security each time. I spent close to 12 hours in F terminal at TPA yesterday and they only had one place open to get food. To get to another terminal you have to take a “tram” and TSA is at the front of each terminal. 

Most airports you can go between terminals with no worries. 

On the ground in denver and people were clapping lol

• Haha 1

I can’t wear my glasses with mask so don’t blame some.  

These help

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CZTF985/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7RJ5J3EMHTTMN8NPWHJV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or just put some duct tape over the upper part of a N95 cup type mask like some people with no concern about a self image do. I only wear contacts when I ski or kayak.

I can’t stand the aisle cause olds use the seats to help balance as they walk down the aisle.  Middle seat is nice cause being wedges between two people keeps me warm.  

Anyway wheels down in 20 minutes.  I’ll let you know what kind of rental car I get from Alamo..yes there’s no basement at the Alamo wahahahaha 

Window seat you can slump against the wall to sleep. Don’t use their pillow though. Yuck.

Welcome to my preretirement Monday morning.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

We do that on purpose just to annoy you. Need a good bladder for the window seat.

i have recently taken favor of the isle seat for just this reason.  i drink coffee before i go to the airport, while im at the airport, and while on the plane.  so, uninterrupted access to the bathroom is a thumbs up.  

The airport complaining is pretty funny.  I though slc was the worst airport?  and taking pics of the Frontier area that you dont even have to sit in is for Facebook complaining.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

I never understood this. That and clapping at the end of a movie. Like, you did your job, cool. 

I've never experienced clapping after a landing, and I've probably flown at least 30 times. That's soooo 1960s. Is that a Frontier thing? Was it really windy or was there a technical issue? Airliners can land themselves these days via ILS, but pilots land manually to keep their skills fresh in the event of an emergency.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I've never experienced clapping after a landing, and I've probably flown at least 30 times. That's soooo 1960s. Is that a Frontier thing? Was it really windy or was there a technical issue? Airliners can land themselves these days via ILS or VNAV, but pilots land manually to keep their skills fresh in the event of an emergency.

Most airplanes can, but not all crews can.  IIRC, most/all regional can't do CATIII landing (autoland) as their aircraft and/or crews aren't certified.  Very very few landings are auto landings despite popular belief.  They're not nearly as smooth as hand flown landings (the computer goes for a "positive touchdown").  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1