Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

That's bullshit, I would be furious if i paid for a window seat and got that and the website didnt tell me when i picked the seat.

I picked the row...there’s one row on southwest with no window...was the first empty row...I usually keep the shade down cause I don’t like the light. 

D69BAA4B-6A09-474F-9D4F-88F44B8EFBB5.jpeg

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i have recently taken favor of the isle seat for just this reason.  i drink coffee before i go to the airport, while im at the airport, and while on the plane.  so, uninterrupted access to the bathroom is a thumbs up.  

The airport complaining is pretty funny.  I though slc was the worst airport?  and taking pics of the Frontier area that you dont even have to sit in is for Facebook complaining.  

I wanna sleep on the plane if possible so no caffeine plus coffee makes me poop. Wow the line at the Starbucks at the Denver airport was so long like 40 people long.  

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've never experienced clapping after a landing, and I've probably flown at least 30 times. That's soooo 1960s. Is that a Frontier thing? Was it really windy or was there a technical issue? Airliners can land themselves these days via ILS, but pilots land manually to keep their skills fresh in the event of an emergency.

Super smooth flight but lots of urban folks.  

• Thanks 1

I purchased a lift ticket for Abasin for tomorrow for $99...they do a reloadable card like at Blue.  Lift ticket pricing is all over the place, Loveland is only $75 even on the weekends and Copper is like $130+ during the week but I’ll ski there at least one day.  For shits and giggles I checked out Breckinridge and like $189. Just shows the value of having the Epicpass. Heading to the Hampton inn, if they don’t let me early check in I’m going to at least poop there and charge my phone.  I’m at 38% and all y’all know I like to keep it 100. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my early check in complimentary at the Hampton Inn...it’s adjacent to a shopping center and the front desk lady said the Chinese restaurant is very good. Also a walking path nearby which looks to lead up to the Dillon Dam..free breakfast looks to be grab and go style but starts at 6am which I like..Einstein bagel is basically across the street....I didn’t bring swimming trunks but there’s a pool and you make reservations for half hour time slots.  JADIP.  As little orphan Annie said,”I think I’m gonna like it here”

AE548DE6-6FB5-4DAA-B706-1DD059F28309.jpeg

8C71E96A-15C6-4A6B-B76F-9E229E4D2123.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I purchased a lift ticket for Abasin for tomorrow for $99...they do a reloadable card like at Blue.  Lift ticket pricing is all over the place, Loveland is only $75 even on the weekends and Copper is like $130+ during the week but I’ll ski there at least one day.  For shits and giggles I checked out Breckinridge and like $189. Just shows the value of having the Epicpass. Heading to the Hampton inn, if they don’t let me early check in I’m going to at least poop there and charge my phone.  I’m at 38% and all y’all know I like to keep it 100. 

You’re gonna need that phone charged to keep up with tonight’s riots

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

You’re gonna need that phone charged to keep up with tonight’s riots

Yeah one of the SJWs I’m FB friends with was posting about how another Afro American was killed by police..crazy and I’m still getting over the loss of DMX and Prince Phillip. 

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Got my early check in complimentary at the Hampton Inn...it’s adjacent to a shopping center and the front desk lady said the Chinese restaurant is very good. Also a walking path nearby which looks to lead up to the Dillon Dam..free breakfast looks to be grab and go style but starts at 6am which I like..Einstein bagel is basically across the street....I didn’t bring swimming trunks but there’s a pool and you make reservations for half hour time slots.  JADIP.  As little orphan Annie said,”I think I’m gonna like it here”

I ate at that same Chinese restaurant in 2017 while staying at the Silver Inn and before riding my bicycle from Idaho Springs to the top of Mount Evans the next day. I remember the restaurant being exceptionally delicious 

Edited by saltyant

51 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Wow looks just like home. Definitely a benefit of permanently residing in a hotel. 

Yeah but I like trying out new spots between the hotel house living.  In a survey they asked how many nights a year do you spend in a hotel and I said almost 400. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah one of the SJWs I’m FB friends with was posting about how another Afro American was killed by police..crazy and I’m still getting over the loss of DMX and Prince Phillip. 

Sounds like another ‘meant to use the taser, pulled out the service weapon instead ‘
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Sounds like another ‘meant to use the taser, pulled out the service weapon instead ‘

I have to checkout cnn and Fox News and see what’s happening. There are 330+ million people and if something nutty happens it’s all over the news and crazy stuff is always gonna happen.  @PSUFlymy friend was fishing in the little Lehigh river and saw a safe...he called Allentown fire and police departments and they fished the safe out of the water.  It was actually stolen from a local business. And I believe there was still some money in it.  Off to the evidence room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but I like trying out new spots between the hotel house living.  In a survey they asked how many nights a year do you spend in a hotel and I said almost 400. 

I saw a bunch of signs that said “stop the hotel houses” on Longboat Key last week. I think we need to build a PASR summer hotel house there and you can be the hotel manager. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I saw a bunch of signs that said “stop the hotel houses” on Longboat Key last week. I think we need to build a PASR summer hotel house there and you can be the hotel manager. 

I could be the concierge.  In Jackson hole I’m a tourist and I show tourists around.  Had 7 rooms booked by PASRs at one time in the 49er..I should have got commish 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

I've never experienced clapping after a landing, and I've probably flown at least 30 times. That's soooo 1960s. Is that a Frontier thing? Was it really windy or was there a technical issue? Airliners can land themselves these days via ILS, but pilots land manually to keep their skills fresh in the event of an emergency.

When I was flying back from Germany we had to stop in Belgium .....The pilot landed the 747 through some thick fog...Like as soon as you saw the runway we touched down.....Deserved a round of applause and a thank you handshake...TWA took me back home....

Plus flying in the 60's was probably way better than it is now...

20210412_190319.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My brother-in-law just moved back from CA and is hotel-housing.
He says he's enjoying it!

10 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

When I was flying back from Germany we had to stop in Belgium .....The pilot landed the 747 through some thick fog...Like as soon as you saw the runway we touched down.....Deserved a round of applause and a thank you handshake...TWA took me back home....

Plus flying in the 60's was probably way better than it is now...

20210412_190319.jpg

We landed in Denver in a blizzard one ski trip.  Couldn't see the runway or anything for that matter until like 10' above the ground.  Plane erupted in applause.  Heard we were one of the last planes to land before they closed the airport.
Guess the pilot(s) really wanted to ski that storm!