Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Fat two inches so far at Loveland...good thing the rental car place gave me a brush to wipe the snow off my car.  Also pictures from last nights Pho.

You've already received more Perder than I did my entire 6 days in Utah. WTGAI 

• Boner City 1

Today they were doing an annual ski athon on the Pali loft at Abasin..I’ll look it up officially but I think it’s as many runs as can be skied from 7:45 or 8am. It seemed odd when I pulled in at 830 to see lots of people skiing down and a bunch of cars parked at the Pali lift.  When I rode the Pali lift there was a special line for those with bibs so they weren’t stuck behind herb tourons  

Its called the enduro and skiing is actually from 7am-5pm that’s a big day. 

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/event/enduro/

Hey All,

I’m back from day 2 of 6 with another trip to Abasin..I know from yesterday where the snow is good and had a general idea of what the wind was doing to the snow.  It was sunny and in the mid 20s when I pulled in at around 830. I took my time booting up and there was actually a shortish line at about 850 when I got in line for the black mountain express..I even went inside the bathroom their locker room is off limits it’s basement and super tight. Use your car as a locker. 

Was maybe 8-10th chair was only 855..rode with somebody who’s parents live in macungie.  Over to Lenawee they were just removing the rope..was maybe 5th or 6th chair on that Lenawee was in a wind tunnel..was pretty cold by the top.   It’s a long fixed grip triple. I doodled around in the run next to powerline skied all the way to the base cause gotta take advantage of the giant swaths of in touched on the more protected lower mountain lapped down there a few times..

Took Lenawee back up lots of untracked but sometimes untracked means windslab or hidden rocks but I don’t think I hit any rocks on my skis except in the parking lot yesterday Salty style.  Took Pali lift up to Davis repeat of a route I skied yesterday and conditions were worse but some good patches..no grooming dark blue with single black off chutes..got to 50 yards from lift and pulled mask back up unbuckled boot..rode the beavers lift solo went from sweaty to cold by the top winds were fierce..doodled around untracked and slabby snow on Lenawee and saw some serious wipeouts..traversed through some lower mountain glades..you sort of want to follow others tracks in case they uncover snow snakes.  

Into the lot at mid day it was full..and streams of melting snow were running through the lot. I debooted, answered like two emails and drove back to Silverthorne stopped at a mini market, got more edibles and got Arby’s.  

7A75759B-0531-4633-9643-5CB9E330B293.jpeg

BB206171-CB78-42CE-AC28-1559C8C67A9F.jpeg

F26F1065-76D3-4204-9CDD-4BC94F0BF2B6.jpeg

D593367C-6657-4418-9CD8-090A3BB33FC3.jpeg

10931D63-7F1A-4B10-9C7A-11821CE08600.jpeg

9A936AFD-C889-42DB-941B-F65D9E7F6479.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1