Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

he claims he'll never go ... we'll see how desperate he is.

Fuck no and for those afraid of Covid don’t fly.  Major airports are busy...about to get on the train.  Justo and Tarpenhead would quadruple mask lol. 

2F406690-CBC0-4B4C-94FC-4340FF96EFAA.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

Same old airport shit...I can’t believe all the elderly business travelers.  One was in front of me at Villa pizza and he said,”I’d like a Stromboli” he was asked what kind and longest pause ever...fucking Bruce go hangout with your grandkids.  Also found like 3 empty seats to go and sit and have my pizza slice and within one second a couple was like oh here are seats so I got up and moved a few gates over.  

7 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Wtf do you need a checked suitcase for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmet, goggles, clothing, toiletries, random ski gear..etc...some trips extra shoes although this trip I only brought the sneakers I wore.  Then carryon bag has ski boots and ski pants and ski bag is two pairs of skis, poles and a few fleeces.  I understand some of you guys only bring one pair of skis so you fit clothing in your ski bag.  

Its funny PASRs mostly have household incomes of 100k+ put are the most minimalist when it comes to anything but beer..although most have $300,000+ houses although Justo shares a car and talks like a surfer dude so he’s definitely not your typical Northamptonite Bahahah. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Wtf do you need a checked suitcase for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two pairs of skis in the bag is almost exactly 50lbs.  So no room in the ski bag for anything else.  I fit boots + all ski clothing in my rollaboard.  When you’re on a 7 ski day trip, it’s generally more than you can fit in a backpack.  I too don’t pay for bags so if I’m already checking one, might as well check two.  

29 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Two pairs of skis in the bag is almost exactly 50lbs.  So no room in the ski bag for anything else.  I fit boots + all ski clothing in my rollaboard.  When you’re on a 7 ski day trip, it’s generally more than you can fit in a backpack.  I too don’t pay for bags so if I’m already checking one, might as well check two.  

The one year in Jackson hole, our taxi driver even laughed how light my suitcase was.  Because Southwest offers two free checked bags, the space in the overhead compartments is wide open, people check rollerboard type bags on southwest..

Two props for the Philly airport is that because I live right by the turnpike it is a significantly shorter drive than Newark airport and also access although not as clean and the people there aren’t as civilized.  

Also parking at the Philly airport is cheap.  Before this trip I only parked economy at Philly airport but with economy closed only the garages were open and it only cost me like $120 for a week...at the parking spot at the Newark airport or economy lots at Newark its more than that and in the Philly airport I went up three stories from the baggage claim and I was at my car....those are some old school parking garages with tight spaces but convenient.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Two props for the Philly airport is that because I live right by the turnpike it is a significantly shorter drive than Newark airport and also access although not as clean and the people there aren’t as civilized.  

Also parking at the Philly airport is cheap.  Before this trip I only parked economy at Philly airport but with economy closed only the garages were open and it only cost me like $120 for a week...at the parking spot at the Newark airport or economy lots at Newark its more than that and in the Philly airport I went up three stories from the baggage claim and I was at my car....those are some old school parking garages with tight spaces but convenient.  

How do u get from the garages to the terminal?  
i have always parked at like express park, and they pick up your shit at your car, then drop you at the terminal. Not lots of lugging my shit around when i do that. But at the same time, i can easily lug my shit around an airport without complaining like a little girl. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i have always parked at like express park, and they pick up your shit at your car, then drop you at the terminal. Not lots of lugging my shit around when i do that. But at the same time, i can easily lug my shit around an airport without complaining like a little girl. 

My sisters fiancé parked in one of the express garages when we went to Sarasota 2 weeks ago, they have a bus that picks you up at your car, takes you to the entrance, and on return it’ll pick you up at baggage and drive you to your vehicle. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i have always parked at like express park, and they pick up your shit at your car, then drop you at the terminal. Not lots of lugging my shit around when i do that.

Exactly why I try and avoid an extra checked bag if at all possible when flying to ski. Trains, busses, shuttles, fitting 6 people plus gear into a large SUV/minivan all becomes much, much easier when you've got a pack, an overhead bag, and a ski bag. Yes, I usually take two pairs of skis. Exceptions for when it's gonna snow every day and I just take the widest pair I have. It's really not that hard to fit everything I need with that setup; you can cram a ton of socks, baselayers, etc inside your ski boots to save space. I guess if you want a fresh pair of pants every day after skiing, maybe? One pair of jeans can get me through a week just fine.

• Like 3