Colorado skifari 4/12-4/19...

58 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I couldn't imagine checking a bag on a non-ski trip.  

But I've only been on two ski trips where I didn't check two.  One was a quick weekend trip to CA and the other involved public transit (train + bus).  Both were only one pair of skis.

When Dave Cee went to Vegas with me, not only did he check his rollerboard sized bag but he also brought 2 bottles of booze with him, like they don’t sell vodka and Jaegermeister everywhere but he was a travel noob back then.  He wanted to fly through LAX to save $100.  Not as much of a gaper as some who will take an evening flight 

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

How do u get from the garages to the terminal?  
i have always parked at like express park, and they pick up your shit at your car, then drop you at the terminal. Not lots of lugging my shit around when i do that. But at the same time, i can easily lug my shit around an airport without complaining like a little girl. 

I was in terminal E and I parked at the garage for terminal E on the third level right by the elevators.  The elevators lead right down to baggage..and check in is another couple hundred yards...was really easy.  I honestly don’t like the express parking places where they meet you at your car.  That’s when I have anxiety and need a minute or two to catch my bearings not be rushed by a shuttle bus guy.  I’ve forgotten my sunglasses before because of that.  

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Exactly why I try and avoid an extra checked bag if at all possible when flying to ski. Trains, busses, shuttles, fitting 6 people plus gear into a large SUV/minivan all becomes much, much easier when you've got a pack, an overhead bag, and a ski bag. Yes, I usually take two pairs of skis. Exceptions for when it's gonna snow every day and I just take the widest pair I have. It's really not that hard to fit everything I need with that setup; you can cram a ton of socks, baselayers, etc inside your ski boots to save space. I guess if you want a fresh pair of pants every day after skiing, maybe? One pair of jeans can get me through a week just fine.

I have poked fun at NMSKI, who as we all know, is a minimalist, and continues that with what he takes on a ski trip.  I dont really think i take a ton of shit on a ski trip, but i do check a bag, and take my roll around carry on thingy on the plane.  Its kind of so i just take one thing on the plane.  Its really so i dont have a few loose pieces, like my helmet or whatever, more things for me to remember, or forget.  So the helmet, googs, and just a little Apres ski attire in a duffel.  I toss the duffel on the roll around, ski bag in the other hand, and its a pretty easy set up.  2 roll arounds, unless they stack, and a ski bag looks like trouble in my eyes.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I have poked fun at NMSKI, who as we all know, is a minimalist, and continues that with what he takes on a ski trip.  I dont really think i take a ton of shit on a ski trip, but i do check a bag, and take my roll around carry on thingy on the plane.  Its kind of so i just take one thing on the plane.  Its really so i dont have a few loose pieces, like my helmet or whatever, more things for me to remember, or forget.  So the helmet, googs, and just a little Apres ski attire in a duffel.  I toss the duffel on the roll around, ski bag in the other hand, and its a pretty easy set up.  2 roll arounds, unless they stack, and a ski bag looks like trouble in my eyes.  

Correct, I have no problem fitting 2 pairs of skis, my poles and the rest of the shit I need in the ski bag under 50 lbs.  The jeans I wear on the plane are my pants for the whole trip and I can stick some stuff in my boot bag and my ski pack.  Boot bag goes up top, ski pack under the seat.  All I really need other than my ski gear are a few shirts to wear to dinner and clean undies for each day.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I would be dumbfounded if I ever saw you in non Macadem apres ski attire like perhaps a Where’s Waldo shirt.  There’s a bag company called Douchebags...their luggage pieces hook together like a train.  

B7AB7488-E292-43F9-A58A-7E9EE8B45F91.jpeg

52A9E148-8F42-4E55-A021-CBC56F636844.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Correct, I have no problem fitting 2 pairs of skis, my poles and the rest of the shit I need in the ski bag under 50 lbs.  The jeans I wear on the plane are my pants for the whole trip and I can stick some stuff in my boot bag and my ski pack.  Boot bag goes up top, ski pack under the seat.  All I really need other than my ski gear are a few shirts to wear to dinner and clean undies for each day.  

I always wonder about people who put stuff under the seat on a plane.  Always above for me...the good thing about southwest is due to two free checked bags per passenger, there’s ample overhead space where on United the overhead space goes fast.  On United they usually give me crap about putting my jacket in overhead saying please wait until others load stuff up and on southwest they don’t say anything. 

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I would be dumbfounded if I ever saw you in non Macadem apres ski attire like perhaps a Where’s Waldo shirt.  There’s a bag company called Douchebags...their luggage pieces hook together like a train.  

52A9E148-8F42-4E55-A021-CBC56F636844.jpeg

Believe it or not, i dont wear company gear alot outside of the sweatshirts i like so much.  I get a good bit of that stuff every year, and in true NMSKI fashion, might as well wear it if its free.  I get a ton of shit from other companies, vendors etc, too.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Believe it or not, i dont wear company gear alot outside of the sweatshirts i like so much.  I get a good bit of that stuff every year, and in true NMSKI fashion, might as well wear it if its free.  I get a ton of shit from other companies, vendors etc, too.  

I don’t even wear polo shirts to work anymore.  Usually plain colored t shirts now and khaki pants. I’ve owned one pair of jeans since I was 10 that my ex made me buy. 

That’s when I have anxiety and need a minute or two to catch my bearings not be rushed by a shuttle bus guy.  I’ve forgotten my sunglasses before because of that.  

The cops were always nasty to the people in the pickup area when my wife would pick me up at PHL.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:16 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

on the weekend of the end of season party, there was a waldo at Bleu!

On 4/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, C1erArt said:

The cops were always nasty to the people in the pickup area when my wife would pick me up at PHL.

Nothing says welcome to Philly, like horns honking and people yelling at you to move. It would be off brand if someone wasn't being nasty.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, Mixilplix said:

When I was flying back from Germany we had to stop in Belgium .....The pilot landed the 747 through some thick fog...Like as soon as you saw the runway we touched down.....Deserved a round of applause and a thank you handshake...TWA took me back home....

Plus flying in the 60's was probably way better than it is now...

20210412_190319.jpg

Just catching us and I like the retro stoke.  I took a train through Germany in 2001 from Amsterdam to Basel Switzerland. I may have been the person who spread sticky hash on the outside of a cigarette on the platform awaiting the train. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wanted 10,000 but it’s tough for an April trip because the less hardcore PASRs aren’t lurking and posting anymore. 

Who would you consider to be hardcore PASRs? And hardcore as in hardcore poster or hardcore as in hardcore Skier? or both? I would consider you both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1