21/22 Epic Pass Prices

EdBacon

5 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Skiing out west with newbies is always memorable.

My brother & sister came out to Vail back in 2009. My brother lost his ski in tree well and my sister was rescued by a sexy Chilean man when she couldn't breathe due to the lack of oxygen. It's one of our favorite family memories.

The closest to a newbie I’ve skied out west with is Nastar Glenn...on a frantic pow day getting off the gondola he walked several yards in deep snow before trying to get into his skis and didn’t understand why he couldn’t get into his binders....yeah snow stuck to the bottom of his boots.  The trick is to lay the skis down right where the pavement meets the snow and get right em them.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

what about traveling to whistler is difficult? there's flights out of philly and newark to vancouver every day. you get there, rent a car, and drive 2 hours up one of the most scenic roads i've been on, stop for beer/liquor in squamish on your way, and then once you're in whistler you leave your car parked underground for the week unless you're lazy or not staying within walking distance and feel the need to drive to the blackcomb mid station.

The airport is far from the ski resort.  Actually Denver airport is similar distance to the ski resorts but a much shorter flight.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The closest to a newbie I’ve skied out west with is Nastar Glenn...on a frantic pow day getting off the gondola he walked several yards in deep snow before trying to get into his skis and didn’t understand why he couldn’t get into his binders....yeah snow stuck to the bottom of his boots.  The trick is to lay the skis down right where the pavement meets the snow and get right em them.  

I learned that the hard way after getting ice build up on my boots too many times. Now I obsessively whack the snow off with my poles and haven't had such issues since.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought Camelback was talking about joining a multi mountain pass...they even mentioned it on their Facebook page but they aren’t...assholes..only salty skis there anyway..

Oh yeah, was that a post where they teased everybody with an "Ikon or Epic?" question?

Other than that I think all references to CB and Epic may be thrown because they were not careful one time calling their conditions Epic.

It's too bad that there is no clarity on this. If they were going to be on Epic for sure, I'd be much more incline to ditch BM pass in favor of Epic.

Edited by eaf

I thought Camelback was talking about joining a multi mountain pass...they even mentioned it on their Facebook page but they aren’t...assholes..only salty skis there anyway..

Their season pass page has the slogan “you can start your epic adventure”. Are they teasing us? No mention of the Epic pass.
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Their season pass page has the slogan “you can start your epic adventure”. Are they teasing us? No mention of the Epic pass.

I swear I saw a billboard that advertised some "Ikon" company on my way out of Camelback last week

Edited by saltyant