21/22 Epic Pass Prices

EdBacon

42 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Camelback's owners also own Blue now, right? Maybe they can do a Blue/Camel multi pass for ya'll.

There is nothing I could care less about in the grand scheme of the skiing world than a combo pass with camelback.

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No thanks and just rumors indiggio made up. 

I mean... I wouldn't say @indiggio made it up. I've heard similar things from at least three other completely unrelated sources at this point. Something's going on, and it sounds like pretty much the worst/most useless outcome for those of us who don't give a crap about a hotel or improved lodge. Hopefully whatever's going down at least comes with a terrain expansion to spread out all the new season pass holders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Because they suck and Blue doesn't.

Well if the rumors are true and Blue and Camelback are already owned by the same company, a Camelback pass would either be a bonus at best or irrelevant at worst. 

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Well if the rumors are true and Blue and Camelback are already owned by the same company, a Camelback pass would either be a bonus at best or irrelevant at worst. 

Depends. How much control do said new owners have over Blue? We've all seen how Camelback is run; I don't want that. If nothing materially changes at Blue, you've now got let's say twice as many people with a valid Blue pass, so how many more people does Blue get on a given weekend once people start to realize that Blue is a shit show, but considerably less of one than Camelback? Like I said previously, I don't see how this materially affects the majority of PASRs in any positive way. There will be flaming ski poles and bigfeet if the no tailgating rule gets implemented.

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct or a detriment as another thousand or two jersey joeys descend on Blue on the weekends.  An early season passholders first tracks from 730-830 would be rad...I wouldn’t even have to leave earlier just less time in the lot and waiting at the scanners. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Everyone is getting all worked up about this company coming in and dumping some cash on both CB and Blue. The odds of anything changing from a high up level is extremely slim. Saying that "This company owns both Blue and Camelback" is like saying a credit union owns both my car and the guy's down the block. Technically true but it doesn't matter to the operation of either vehicle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Everyone is getting all worked up about this company coming in and dumping some cash on both CB and Blue. The odds of anything changing from a high up level is extremely slim. Saying that "This company owns both Blue and Camelback" is like saying a credit union owns both my car and the guy's down the block. Technically true but it doesn't matter to the operation of either vehicle. 

Yup. I fully expect basically nothing to change. But if it does, I don't see much of it being a direct benefit the PASR crowd, is what I was getting at. Probably speaking too broadly here, but I don't think many of us really care about hotels or fancy lodges or water parks etc at our local hill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Yup. I fully expect basically nothing to change. But if it does, I don't see much of it being a direct benefit the PASR crowd, is what I was getting at. Probably speaking too broadly here, but I don't think many of us really care about hotels or fancy lodges or water parks etc at our local hill.

Completely agree. Realistically 90% of "improvements" a mountain could make would actually be detrimental to PASRs. 

The perfect mountain for PASRs would be Mount Cain on Vancouver Island. It's got two t-bars, a group of volunteers to man them and places to park and camp. Oh and some gnarly rocky mountain terrain. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

Completely agree. Realistically 90% of "improvements" a mountain could make would actually be detrimental to PASRs. 

The perfect mountain for PASRs would be Mount Cain on Vancouver Island. It's got two t-bars, a group of volunteers to man them and places to park and camp. Oh and some gnarly rocky mountain terrain. 

Yeah but that place only has like 20 runs so it must be half the size of Blue.

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

Exactly. I cant get worked up about something that “might” happen. Remember, there was hotel talk, what, 5-6 years ago, and no dirt has been over turned in that one as of yet. 

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, skiincy said:

Epic pass is $583.

Epic college is $527. 

If you click the college pass, it doesn't seem to be any college verification. Seems like a glitch... Check it out if you want to save some dollars. 

(For Ikon, they use the Sheer ID verification system or you have to upload a transcript that goes through a manual approval)

[edited: oops, just saw @toast21602's post ]

Be aware that they say ID needs to shown to pick up the pass. YMMV if they actually check.

886E0119-5405-4785-8497-0B3C6D5418CC.png

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Nah I like fast lifts and a pizza truck. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@AtomicSkier was telling me the same thing..which could be rough for Dr. Toast since he graduates soon. 

I heard Dr. Toast is going to tank a project or two so he can milk that for an extra semester and the sweet sweet discount. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

The ~$50 discount is definitely worth it compared to thousands in tuition. I think I might take your advice.

Trust me, I'm in Business School, it all checks out in my spreadsheet.