21/22 Epic Pass Prices

EdBacon

I thought it saved $200+ initially but as I read it - it’s such a small difference.

regardless, I still have a grad student ID and staff ID (from when I coached)

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I thought it saved $200+ initially but as I read it - it’s such a small difference.

regardless, I still have a grad student ID and staff ID (from when I coached)

My concern is the transcript request. I'll have an active ID but the transcript will be tough to replicate. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

My concern is the transcript request. I'll have an active ID but the transcript will be tough to replicate. 

We really might need a cheap-asses trying to save $50 thread.

Edited by Schif
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Who does the graphic design of the PASR magazine cover? They have great photoshop skillz

I don't feel like giving money to Vail, but staying with epic to keep JFBB as the home mountain and then attaching an Indy Pass might be a compromise. The other option is having to move to Shawnee and get a season pass there which saves money on the indy pass.

• Like 1

I don't feel like giving money to Vail, but staying with epic to keep JFBB as the home mountain and then attaching an Indy Pass might be a compromise. The other option is having to move to Shawnee and get a season pass there which saves money on the indy pass.

Not sure if you plan on skiing out west or not. If not the NE pass at $479 is an absolute no brainer if JFBB is your home Mt. $359 for the midweek is nuts. Ski a few midweek days at stowe and that pays for itself.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EdBacon said:

I’m surprised you haven’t seen the light and the light is Blue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised you haven’t seen the light and the light is Blue. 

Blue + Indy is another way to go then I guess. I like that Shawnee gives a discount on the Indy if I go that way though and its much cheaper to begin with. Blue would be the priciest option of the three. 

7 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Blue + Indy is another way to go then I guess. I like that Shawnee gives a discount on the Indy if I go that way though and its much cheaper to begin with. Blue would be the priciest option of the three. 

How much closer is Blue to you than Shawnee? I’ve actually never been to Shawnee.  Not enough vert. 

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The TP at hotel house is single ply and the stuff I get for work is the best..I always leave $10 for housekeeping when they come in every other week.  

You're like Blue Mountain, you're leaving money on the table

• Haha 1

Shawnee was a great place to get kids up to speed on skiing. Skied there countless times when kids were in 2nd and 3rd grades as they had a "kids under 42" ski free" special. But other than skiing the trees when there is enough natural snow (pretty rare) there is nothing there that really interests me as an adult skier.

If I were lookng to get an affordable PA only pass I would go for Montage - which is $399 if purchased by Sunday. Best expert terrain in NEPA with possible exception of Elk and almost never a line.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EdBacon said:

I am kind of in the same boat.  Don't want to give money to Vail but with the prices and the fact that Roundtop is on epic makes it difficult.  I am really trying to justify Indy for myself.

Blue Knob on Indy is 1072 vert and considered best terrain in PA, if they have snow

Shawnee would be interesting for the 2/3 times from Indy but I don't think I would want to ski there enough in a year to get a full season pass.  I would surely use both day tickets there and then the 3rd day discount on a night ticket or something.

Greek Peak has day trip potential but is pushing a long drive.  Catamount pushing it even more.  Lots of cool places in NE on there though.

Edited by abe

Montage is pushing the distance from Philly. 
At this point leaning towards epic+indy. 

I’m in south Jersey and leaning toward montage. It’s all highway and I don’t find the drive really any worse than Boulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Almost surely getting Epic next year, after some reflection, 2hr drive to poconos every single time not worth it when I can get a pass for Roundtop on epic 1hr away which also includes JF/BB Liberty/Whitetail and Hunter all as possible day trips.

The question is now do I also get Indy.  Probably will still hold on buying epic until Indy pass drops just in case they somehow add more PA mountains.

• 3 months later...