It’s Official

momskeeztoo

The facebook person is going to have a long day replying to people who bought tickets for Sunday 

and people who didn’t buy tickets but are going to complain that blue is closing Saturday when they originally pinned Sunday as the close date. Should be fun to watch. 

I'm not convinced they couldn't make it to Sunday if they really had wanted to.  The only trail which had truly massive bare spots was Sidewinder.  Yes it is melting fast and 80 degrees, but many trails still seemed to have pretty good coverage.  Understandable that they would not want to be open in the pouring rain with spotty coverage and few customers on Sunday though.

Anyway, I am not a Blue regular, but that's the emptiest I have ever seen it.  Overall icier than I would have hoped given 80 degree temperatures but I guess the rain did a number on the corn quality.  Still a lot of good snow though, Widowmaker and tops of razors and paradise had the best conditions.  Tried to do some moguls which was a terrible idea, rocks, dirt, bulletproof ice, snow melting out underneath the bumps and collapsing in.

Impressive lake at the bottom of 6er lift.

Edited by abe