Utah on a spring break

eaf

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

It's nucking futs. The top of McConkey's lift at Park City is only 2.75 miles from the base of Brighton.  Yet it was a 44 mile drive from Park City to Brighton. Cray cray.

That’s how Stowe and smugglers notch are when 108 the notch road is closed in the winter. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Had some time to kill before the 1pm flight... Hiked to Ensign and beyond. Salty, did you end up going here?

Nope though I saw it from the downtown area. Before my 1 pm flight I slept in late, made an impromptu stop at an air force base museum, and had an air traffic control tower call the cops on me for inappropriate plane spotting. I swear I was in compliance with the sign... it said "No stopping beyond this point" and I was right in front of that sign!! So I wasnt even stopped past the point...

• Boner City 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nope though I saw it from the downtown area. Before my 1 pm flight I slept in late, made an impromptu stop at an air force base museum, and had an air traffic control tower call the cops on me for inappropriate plane spotting. I swear I was in compliance with the sign... it said "No stopping beyond this point" and I was right in front of that sign!! So I wasnt even stopped past the point...

I swear reading this report is like reading reruns of your report from a month ago.  I’m surprised the cops didn’t detain you for suspicious behavior.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I swear reading this report is like reading reruns of your report from a month ago.  I’m surprised the cops didn’t detain you for suspicious behavior.  

Correct. Oops. I wasnt sure if eaf read my report but I'll stop posting reruns from now on.

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Im surprised the cops didn’t detain you for suspicious behavior.  

Nah, people plane spot all the time. Some people take pictures. I was just killing 15 minutes before going in the airport. The cop was super cool about it. They should have better signage.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah, people plane spot all the time. Some people take pictures. I was just killing 15 minutes before going in the airport. The cop was super cool about it. They should have better signage.

Ok good to know...I hope Eaf was able to find a buffalo chicken wrap in the airport. 

• Boner City 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

So close and the weather can be drastically different too.

What's up with the whole interconnect deal. Is that happening?

I haven't heard anything serious about it in years. Given that Canyons is now Vail, and Brighton and Soli are very much not Vail, I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eaf said:

And what’s that strange blob that we’ve spotted from the air in the way down?

Bold move sitting on the sun facing side of the plane. I always choose the non sunny side on afternoon flights so the sun isnt in my eyes the whole time. WTGAI

Edited by saltyant