Utah on a spring break

eaf

54 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You won’t fly masked and fully vaccinated?  

1. I'm not two weeks out from my 2nd shot, so I would not consider myself to be fully vaccinated yet.
2. I don't live alone. I'm the only one in my household who's had their second shot. I'm not sure trials have even begun for safety/effectiveness on children under 12, so we're a long way out until everyone is fully vaccinated here. I still need to be more careful because of that.

Late summer once there's more broad vaccination across the whole US population, yeah I'd consider flying somewhere and then getting tested to make sure I'm not gonna give something to the kid when I get home if there's not conclusive evidence that vaccination prevents transmission. Luckily we had a good ski season in PA this year so I don't feel like I missed too much by not getting out of the mid atlantic. Hopefully things start to chill out soon and we can all go back to having a regular ski season by next year and taking lots of trips and sharing lots of photos, videos, and stoke.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 12:54 PM, eaf said:

Had some time to kill before the 1pm flight... Hiked to Ensign and beyond. Salty, did you end up going here?

B6893D05-057C-4830-90FD-2CB420F0EEB6.jpeg

13AED3A7-55CF-4606-B866-CDE31365B169.jpeg

4E1E927F-2AD5-439C-A2CA-188966F9C387.jpeg

02E4CC1B-0C80-440B-81CE-B0CD1E81614E.jpeg

D73701FF-3111-4655-81FD-4088E7F481BB.jpeg

41A13776-03D1-4EDD-BD83-3DF136F7752F.jpeg

BE86A539-FB32-4E2C-9747-D3D95EE52662.jpeg

B4E75CFB-1F27-4760-9BE9-A28DCA117934.jpeg

79DD2C08-B7F7-4284-8260-DF06A17A5644.jpeg

ah! I went there. Great views of the city. It's a nice lil city hike. 

On 4/2/2021 at 2:32 PM, Justo8484 said:

you're aware that we're still in the middle of a global pandemic with all sorts of restrictions in place, right?

On 4/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, eaf said:

we found the downtown to be devoid of life, with hardly any people, empty trams, just rare cars traveling on the rectangular grid of 3-4 lane one way streets. Yeah, there are cafes, bars and eateries, but sometimes you are not even allowed to stay in the cafe after ordering and get ejected right back into the empty streets, so overall it was quite a disappointment. It seems like a very boring place

Totally agree that it's devoid of life.

Pandemic or not, SLC is no Miami, San Fran or NYC. It's clean and the homeless population is low. 

But, SLC is cool because you can ski before and after work easily, and allows you to have a job other than a seasonal position. 

For comparison, they're not the only small city to be devoid of life. It reminds me of cities like Hartford CT but with public transit and better views. 

Salt Lake's population is 197k whereas Hartford's population is 123k and Allentown's population is 120k. It's hard to compare to SLC's scene to a large city and you can't really compare it to a town like Jackson Hole. When you compare SLC to places like Hartford and Allentown, it's a gem.

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, skiincy said:

Totally agree that it's devoid of life.

Pandemic or not, SLC is no Miami, San Fran or NYC. It's clean and the homeless population is low. 

But, SLC is cool because you can ski before and after work easily, and allows you to have a job other than a seasonal position. 

For comparison, they're not the only small city to be devoid of life. It reminds me of cities like Hartford CT but with public transit and better views. 

Salt Lake's population is 197k whereas Hartford's population is 123k and Allentown's population is 120k. It's hard to compare to SLC's scene to a large city and you can't really compare it to a town like Jackson Hole. When you compare SLC to places like Hartford and Allentown, it's a gem.

Have you spent any time in Allentown since it’s been gentrified?