Snow Burn - April 11, 2021

skiincy

Saw that Blue is allowing uphill ski touring on April 11th. I'm pretty pumped about it.

https://www.skibluemt.com/outdoor/omt/challenge-race/

https://www.pretzelcitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/21-Palmerton-Snow-Burn-Trail-Challenge-Individual-Form.pdf

On mobile, it shows an "earn your turns" events but the desktop version doesn't show it. Weird.

Uphill.thumb.PNG.7b85f5c23d32013a6c155fa39d1b391f.PNG

Is anyone planning to do it?

Or, is anyone else coming to tailgate in the parking lot? 

54 minutes ago, skiincy said:

per us', the Blue Mountain site is whack. Here's the better link about the "Earn Your Turns" event.

https://www.skibluemt.com/upcoming-events/spring-back-at-blue/

Yup, i expect nothing else. Cool that they're doing it, would be cooler if as a season pass holder you didn't have to pay, but such is life. Hopefully patrollers are getting that money. There's like 3 different descriptions of the event, depending on where you're looking, and the registration link as of yesterday didn't work in Chrome, but did work in Chrome Canary (the Chrome beta channel) and Safari. Again, no surprises here. I'm signed up. Couldn't care less about the run thing, but I'll be there for some uphilling with skis and a beer or two.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

Cool that they're doing it, would be cooler if as a season pass holder you didn't have to pay, but such is life. Hopefully patrollers are getting that money. There's like 3 different descriptions of the event, depending on where you're looking, and the registration link as of yesterday didn't work in Chrome, but did work in Chrome Canary (the Chrome beta channel) and Safari. Again, no surprises here. I'm signed up. Couldn't care less about the run thing, but I'll be there for some uphilling with skis and a beer or two.

haha! totally agree.

I'm signed up too. i hope they realize there's interest in ski touring and possibly consider it for next year. (fingers crossed).

The few times I go to camelback, I only go there because of their loose uphill policy.

55 minutes ago, skiincy said:

haha! totally agree.

I'm signed up too. i hope they realize there's interest in ski touring and possibly consider it for next year. (fingers crossed).

The few times I go to camelback, I only go there because of their loose uphill policy.

Yeah, doing something similar to hunter where you're allowed to go uphill before the resort starts spinning the lifts would be cool. Even cooler if there wasn't an upcharge as long as you have a valid pass/ticket. I do miss the days of Blue's nonexistent uphill policy where ski patrol would usually just look at you very confused, or you could plead ignorance at worst.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

$30.00 to skin up for one run? Didn't see anything about the money going to charity.

I don't see anything about being limited to one run. Looks like the event is 3 hours, should be able to get at least 3 laps in pretty easily in that time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

I don't see anything about being limited to one run. Looks like the event is 3 hours, should be able to get at least 3 laps in pretty easily in that time.

sounds about right, I "skinned" up paradise with the fishscales a few years ago and took about 40 min. Gonna tray to make this 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think you need skins? Walking up Paradise in ski boots sounds like the suck. I cant imagine that being enjoyable at all.

technically.. you could do it in snowboard boots. The ratio of dirt to snow will definitely favor the dirt.