It's alright...cause I'm saved by the Belle.

RidgeRacer

Took my first real fall off the season on onteora. Slammed the brakes hard when I saw a bare spot prompting a fall. I guess it was better than hitting it and ejecting forward. Definitely rough in spots. Definitely can't let it go which is somewhat frustrating but it is what it is given the weather I guess.

IMG_20210330_113036_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210330_112823_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210330_112528_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210330_113822_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Took my first real fall off the season on onteora. Slammed the brakes hard when I saw a bare spot prompting a fall. I guess it was better than hitting it and ejecting forward. Definitely rough in spots. Definitely can't let it go which is somewhat frustrating but it is what it is given the weather I guess

I know that feeling. After I fell hard at Park City I was shaken up a bit and started making really dumb mistakes all day from my nerves. After that, the next 4 days I was confident again and skied just fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by saltyant

Think they'll make it to Sunday? Cooler temps and some rain/snow Thursday

I was thinking about you knowing you were planning on Sunday. If I had to guess I'd say 50-50 or 60-40 they open...it'll probably be very limited though. It's not normal first week of April Belle. Snow is sparse with the exception of roaring brook which good coverage and Tongora. Everything else was thin or bare. Deer Run was ok coverage wise but fading real fast. Everything from the superchief loading area up to the lodge was more brown than white. I'd definitely keep an eye on the weather but I'd probably wouldnt expect much if they are open. If they go past this weekend I'd be shocked.