Interesting FB post

JFskiDan

So on the ski the east page people are saying KSL did “buy” Blue to some extent. Lots of people with “insider info”. 
entertainment for now, i will be over here waiting for something more substantial than some FB stuff. Or when ride de posts up.  
5A422A30-C5B1-4AB2-9062-BAABA7050361.thumb.png.6accfbe4273b74bb4693eb5fb4d26966.png

if you are bored, find this post and read some comments. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So on the ski the east page people are saying KSL did “buy” Blue to some extent. Lots of people with “insider info”. 
entertainment for now, i will be over here waiting for something more substantial than some FB stuff. Or when ride de posts up.  
5A422A30-C5B1-4AB2-9062-BAABA7050361.thumb.png.6accfbe4273b74bb4693eb5fb4d26966.png

if you are bored, find this post and read some comments. 

Tim Oswald is a legend...

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, skifreak said:

I guess im still waiting for clarity, i dont feel like they really offered that much info. They said Blue is under new management. So, did they buy it?  100%?  Or did Barb hold the land, and they are truly just managing it?  

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I guess im still waiting for clarity, i dont feel like they really offered that much info. They said Blue is under new management. So, did they buy it?  100%?  Or did Barb hold the land, and they are truly just managing it?  

seems like purely management, but I couldn't decipher much more than that from last week's smoke signals. 

32 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

seems like purely management, but I couldn't decipher much more than that from last week's smoke signals. 

I was under the impression they liked to buy stuff, but their website says “property management”, so i think what you got from your smoke signals is probably correct. Should be another interesting year!

Wtf does this mean? Camelback has no business being in the same sentence with blue. 

“KSL Resorts is excited to manage Blue Mountain Resort as it’s located in one of the Poconos’ most spectacular settings and is the ideal complement to Camelback’s numerous indoor and outdoor adventures – especially with its close proximity,"

Eyeliner complements ones eyes. Posters complement your man cave. Rims complement your car. Tight jeans compliment my ass. Blue mountain doesn't complement camelback. Blue mountain makes camelback feel like I'm skiing on a septic mound. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've honestly never had a problem with Camelback. I mean, Camelback mountain, the physical mountain itself. It's not a bad little hill. It's everything else I don't like. 

I guess Barley Creek Brewing is ok. Last time I was there though they didn't toast the bun on my hamburger.

47 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

I've honestly never had a problem with Camelback. I mean, Camelback mountain, the physical mountain itself. It's not a bad little hill. It's everything else I don't like. 

I guess Barley Creek Brewing is ok. Last time I was there though they didn't toast the bun on my hamburger.

Wow just wow on the toasted burger bun...I just remember barley creek being expensive but it’s in a resort area. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think the last time I was there was when you got a concussion at a rail jam at camelback. I was with Dime and justo was also there. 

probably the last time i was there as well. it was cool when they were still doing ski movie premiers there, but their beer list hadn't changed in like 5+ years as of the last i was there. food was standard brew pub stuff, nothing was bad, but nothing was really good or exciting either. can someone buy BMDI and turn it into a B&B? by that i mean bed & brewery. place would make an absolute killing during the winter, and probably be good enough to survive during the summer.

• Like 2

wrote barley creek off when they went curbside only and didn't offer the fried cheese curds.

taco place across the street (or something like that) is pretty good. can also pick up ski gear right next door if you're in the mood for new stuff.

• Like 1