Interesting FB post

JFskiDan

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

wrote barley creek off when they went curbside only and didn't offer the fried cheese curds.

taco place across the street (or something like that) is pretty good. can also pick up ski gear right next door if you're in the mood for new stuff.

They turn that into a gift shop place in the off season. Unless you need an I ❤️ The Poconos hoodie and a pet rock.

39 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

They turn that into a gift shop place in the off season. Unless you need an I ❤️ The Poconos hoodie and a pet rock.

Wow ed you really get around.  The last time I was up that way was four years ago when we had a booth at the PA state funeral directors convention at the Kalahari and also two years ago skied camelback with root and TP4

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow ed you really get around.  The last time I was up that way was four years ago when we had a booth at the PA state funeral directors convention at the Kalahari and also two years ago skied camelback with root and TP4

The parking lot at the top of the mountain is a great make out spot. Then you get tacos on the way back. 

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Benm said:

wrote barley creek off when they went curbside only and didn't offer the fried cheese curds.

taco place across the street (or something like that) is pretty good. can also pick up ski gear right next door if you're in the mood for new stuff.

I’ve been preaching Zachs Taco Shack for a few years on here. Sadly didn’t get to stop there on our waterpark overnight last month. Was going to get lunch on the way out but they’re closed Mondays.

Pops bought his helmet at the shop next to Zacks

51 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Henderson said the entrance of Vail in Carbon County also has been a positive at the two ski areas, which hadn’t received much investment in prior years.

hmmm, some might disagree. 

Investment into what?

Despite the camelback affiliation...I don't hate this. Same ownership (at least for now) meaning Barb continues to call the shots with an influx of $ for legit capital improvements. Prediction...for the short term...the Vista lodge gets started and coming soon gets snowmaking and lightning.  Long term we'll see the Waterpark up top, serious terrain expansion to the east, perhaps a base lodge revamp (goodbye tent city). Honestly, given the rumors about Vail or whatever over the years, this could be a best case scenario for us. Only thing I don't like is the fact that ksl owns camelback.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Despite the camelback affiliation...I don't hate this. Same ownership (at least for now) meaning Barb continues to call the shots with an influx of $ for legit capital improvements. Prediction...for the short term...the Vista lodge gets started and coming soon gets snowmaking and lightning.  Long term we'll see the Waterpark up top, serious terrain expansion to the east, perhaps a base lodge revamp (goodbye tent city). Honestly, given the rumors about Vail or whatever over the years, this could be a best case scenario for us. Only thing I don't like is the fact that ksl owns camelback.

I hope you are correct. What we have at Blue is special. Even if things were to change for the worse, I don't see any of us leaving to go elsewhere.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

I hope you are correct. What we have at Blue is special. Even if things were to change for the worse, I don't see any of us leaving to go elsewhere.

Correct. I'll leave Blue when I leave PA. That's about it.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

i'm not sure how crowded a hotel would be during the ski season. if you're going to go somewhere overnight, there are way better options than blue.

if their weddings/events are a big moneymaker, lodging would be huge since the nearest hotel isn't even remotely close. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm not sure how crowded a hotel would be during the ski season. if you're going to go somewhere overnight, there are way better options than blue.

if their weddings/events are a big moneymaker, lodging would be huge since the nearest hotel isn't even remotely close. 

Camelback and bear creek do well with their hotels. Look at all the NY people who come to Blue now, they’d stay in a hotel and make a weekend out of it.  I’m sure blue would also have weekday ski and stay specials to help keep the hotel occupied during the week. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Look at all the NY people who come to Blue now, they’d stay in a hotel and make a weekend out of it.

They already make a wknd out of it, except they stay in airbnbs. 

I'm not saying they wouldn't be utilized, but it would really bump up the events revenue.

47 minutes ago, Benm said:

bear's hotel is booked solid pretty much the entire winter, not sure about camelback. but yes, hotel on premise for weddings would be a stupidly easy money maker.

• Like 2