Interesting FB post

JFskiDan

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I hope you are correct. What we have at Blue is special. Even if things were to change for the worse, I don't see any of us leaving to go elsewhere.

I sort of refuse to get uptight about the things i have no control over, or hope for things that wont come true, so i will be in a wait and see approach on this.  I guess we will see some activity over the next few months, since "they are going to infuse it with a lot of cash".  We will see.  

Hopefully they do correct some things, and my first pick would be bringing the grooming up to a better level, since what we sometimes have is just basically dangerous.  I would like to see this addressed long before a lodge remodel, or paving.  

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Benm said:

i still wonder how salty blue was when ATT put that huge fuckin tower smack in the backdrop of where the weddings take place 

i get a good laugh everytime i think about it

No idea but it’s a game changer for ATT cell phone customers.  I’ve sold tombstones from the lower lot before thanks to the grate cell phone coverage. Why my season pass should be a business expense. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I sort of refuse to get uptight about the things i have no control over, or hope for things that wont come true, so i will be in a wait and see approach on this.  I guess we will see some activity over the next few months, since "they are going to infuse it with a lot of cash".  We will see.  

Hopefully they do correct some things, and my first pick would be bringing the grooming up to a better level, since what we sometimes have is just basically dangerous.  I would like to see this addressed long before a lodge remodel, or paving.  

That's not really a problem that requires money though, at least not at a "large capital investment" scale. They've got the machines already.

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

That's not really a problem that requires money though, at least not at a "large capital investment" scale. They've got the machines already.

yup, and when you sort of think about it, improving the grooming could possibly be their biggest bang for the buck.  like you said, they have the equipment, and from what i know, pretty good equipment too.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

yup, and when you sort of think about it, improving the grooming could possibly be their biggest bang for the buck.  like you said, they have the equipment, and from what i know, pretty good equipment too.  

To a non skiing management group though they probably don't quite care about that and would not be able to quantify any kind of return so it'll get skipped over. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No idea but it’s a game changer for ATT cell phone customers.  I’ve sold tombstones from the lower lot before thanks to the grate cell phone coverage. Why my season pass should be a business expense. 

It's done wonders for my live TRs.

• Like 3

I hope the hotel if built is not visible from the Appalachian Trail or east side summit

The pass situation could be interesting.  Weren't there rumors of Camelback thinking of joining Ikon?  A cheap off-peak pass for Blue like at Camelback would also be exciting

Edited by abe
  • Like 1

I hope the hotel if built is not visible from the Appalachian Trail or east side summit
The pass situation could be interesting.  Weren't there rumors of Camelback thinking of joining Ikon?  A cheap off-peak pass for Blue like at Camelback would also be exciting

I recently listened to a podcast interview with the CEO of Altera and he was asked directly about adding camelback to Ikon. His answer was circular and noncommittal but he did indicate that there have been a lot of discussions about it. It appears that while KSL owns both Altera and Camelback they are run separately so there are probably some logistics to work through to make that happen.

Ikon doesn’t have a presence in the area and if they want to compete with Epic they almost have to add Camelback. I haven’t read whether KSL actually is buying Blue outright or just coming on as a partner for additional development. If it’s the former it’s probably just a matter of time before they go Ikon.
  • Like 2

Oh you foolish foolish boys. This is how it all starts! I've seen it all before. I was there! It was called the 80's! Ford was President, Nixon was in the White House, Reagan was running this country into the ground. I was bumming in a hole in the wall town in what is now called Utah. Some fella from Colorado shows up and starts making all kinds of so called "improvements", right? Before we knew what hit us, the streets were running us with lattes! Yup! It got so bad that a fellow that liked to, you know, smoke a little grass or drink a little ripple. Crow like a rooster! Maybe challenge the mayor's son to a gentlemen's duel, is uncouth, "Against God!" and bad for real estate values. So we had to go! Be careful what you wish for!

Edited by EdBacon
  • Love 1

There are some posts on FB with just how fucked up Blue will be this year.  I fail to see how anybody knows how this is going to go based on how tight lipped everyone is about whether this was a land grab, or a management deal.  

I just dont see the sense in getting worked up over it, when we know, basically, nothing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

There are some posts on FB with just how fucked up Blue will be this year.  I fail to see how anybody knows how this is going to go based on how tight lipped everyone is about whether this was a land grab, or a management deal.  

I just dont see the sense in getting worked up over it, when we know, basically, nothing.  

I’m going to start asking some of these people for the powerball numbers 

56 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

as long as they dont touch the parking lot scene i couldn't care less.

... and, even though i doubt it, i'm quietly hoping the pass price increase has something to do with a blue/cmlbk combo ... 

I’m not hitting the panic button or getting worked up, just saying that I want to appreciate the lot scene as much as possible this next season. I think it will be one of the first casualties when changes come around, based on the hinting in the press releases of KSL’s “resort” experience. Want to appreciate before it’s gone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Oh you foolish foolish boys. This is how it all starts! I've seen it all before. I was there! It was called the 80's! Ford was President, Nixon was in the White House, Reagan was running this country into the ground. I was bumming in a hole in the wall town in what is now called Utah. Some fella from Colorado shows up and starts making all kinds of so called "improvements", right? Before we knew what hit us, the streets were running us with lattes! Yup! It got so bad that a fellow that liked to, you know, smoke a little grass or drink a little ripple. Crow like a rooster! Maybe challenge the mayor's son to a gentlemen's duel, is uncouth, "Against God!" and bad for real estate values. So we had to go! Be careful what you wish for!

Top notch film

19 hours ago, abe said:

pretty sure proximity/visibility from the AT was one of the major sticking points of what could actually get built up top for the condo thing. i don't remember the number off hand, but i believe any structure needs to be more than x feet from the AT if it's visible from the trail, or something along those lines. vaguely recall that that's why the proposed condos weren't gonna be taller.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I like this picture from the article. That’s from before coming soon was cut and before the lower lot slightly reconfigured a few years ago. 

9FCA296B-B3B8-4130-A084-3496CAD44977.jpeg

• Like 1