Indy Pass

trackbiker

Indy Pass is announcing new areas for Pennsylvania, New York, and Canada on Tuesday. Anyone else buy the Indy Pass?

Anyone want to speculate on what the PA and NY areas are? I would want it to be Elk but think that it is more likely to be Montage. They need a reason for people to drive past the Poconos. I wouldn't expect it to be Blue/Camelback. They have enough crowds already. Ski Big Bear would be a possibility.

For NY I would I want it to be Plattekill. Not sure what other areas it could be.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Indy Pass is announcing new areas for Pennsylvania, New York, and Canada on Tuesday. Anyone else buy the Indy Pass?

Anyone want to speculate on what the PA and NY areas are? I would want it to be Elk but think that it is more likely to be Montage. They need a reason for people to drive past the Poconos. I wouldn't expect it to be Blue/Camelback. They have enough crowds already. Ski Big Bear would be a possibility.

For NY I would I want it to be Plattekill. Not sure what other areas it could be.

Hmmm. Interested in this.

Montage is officially on...

The Indy Pass is adding Titus Mountain in Malone NY to its lineup of New York ski areas. The news came as part of a four resort addition including Titus, Montage, Ski Marmot Basin and Snow Valley. New York passholders will now have access to six Indy resorts in the state: Catamount, Greek Peak, Swain […]

• Like 2

Two days +15% off 3rd day I think.

I am definitely getting Indy now, this is pretty rad

You also got blue knob and shawnee on it as well as some of the coolest new England hills

If I get Indy and then just hit up night skiing like at bear creek or blue that'll be plenty of cheap skiing for me. Get hype

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, abe said:

Two days +15% off 3rd day I think.

I am definitely getting Indy now, this is pretty rad

You also got blue knob and shawnee on it as well as some of the coolest new England hills

If I get Indy and then just hit up night skiing like at bear creek or blue that'll be plenty of cheap skiing for me. Get hype

The stoke market is rising.  

• Like 1

Montage addition has me contemplating getting Epic + Indy passes for me and just Indy passes for the girls - who ski with me only half the time as they split time with their mom and like Montage a lot.

Ski the more crowded Epic places when I go solo and can use singles lines and the less crowded Indy places when with girls. Save a good amount of $ compared with 3 Epic passes and Montage is a real nice option that is closer than Hunter for a day trip or could be combined with Greek for a weekend with some variety.

Also I could check out lots of places I have never been - Jay, Bolton, Magic, Greek, B.East.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Montage addition has me contemplating getting Epic + Indy passes for me and just Indy passes for the girls - who ski with me only half the time as they split time with their mom and like Montage a lot.

Ski the more crowded Epic places when I go solo and can use singles lines and the less crowded Indy places when with girls. And save some good amount of $ compared with 3 Epic passes and have some better options closer than Hunter.

What’s your drive time to Montage vs Hunter?  You do know it’s only two days at Montage not unlimited. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s your drive time to Montage vs Hunter?  You do know it’s only two days at Montage not unlimited. 

Per Google Maps 2:15 to Montage vs 3:10 to Hunter (I can do that in 2:45 early morning - but doing so got me a $250 ticket last year)

So much more do-able for day trip.

Due to limited days I would only use Montage when going with girls

Went ahead and got the Indy Pass for girls and I and will also get my own Epic Pass

Figuring I will use Indy as follows

Xmas Break - 2 days each at Jay and Bolton and 1 day at Magic.

MLK weekend - Catamount, B.East and Magic

Spring Break - 3 days at some combo of Cannon, Waterville, Saddleback 

Catamount/B.East weekend

Greek x2 weekend

Blue Knob x2 weekend

2 day trips to Montage

2 day trips to Shawnee

Maybe try West some time too

That will be more than the 19 days the girls used their Epic passes last year.

I will hit Epic areas solo alternate weekends (including Pres Wknd) & game lines riding as a single

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Went ahead and got the Indy Pass for girls and I and will also get my own Epic Pass

Catamount/B.East weekend

Greek x2 weekend

Blue Knob x2 weekend

2 day trips to Montage

2 day trips to Shawnee

I will hit Epic areas solo alternate weekends (including Pres Wknd) & game lines riding as a single

Congrats!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Catamount/B.East weekend

Greek x2 weekend

Blue Knob x2 weekend

2 day trips to Montage

2 day trips to Shawnee

Wao! You have your season planned out already. My plan is to ski a lot. I'm gonna ski a lot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Catamount/B.East weekend

Greek x2 weekend

Blue Knob x2 weekend

2 day trips to Montage

2 day trips to Shawnee

You might want to wait until later in the season than Xmas break for Magic. They've been improving their snowmaking but usually don't have too much open at Christmas. Berkshire East would be a better option unless there's a lot of early snow.

If I decided to skip a blue mountain pass for a season I'd probably get one of these. Would probably rack up a lot of miles traveling but it would be cool spending a winter hitting new / different areas. Would grab this for 279 plus 2 - 3 packs to Blue (if they sell 'em) would put you at 500 or just under....not bad.

11 hours ago, trackbiker said:

You might want to wait until later in the season than Xmas break for Magic. They've been improving their snowmaking but usually don't have too much open at Christmas. Berkshire East would be a better option unless there's a lot of early snow.

Thanks for the tip. None of that is set in stone of course, and will be mindful of conditions - just an idea for how it could work out.

Cool thing is these are all places I have never been - other than Catamount, Shawnee and Montage.

Another option if Magic didn't look good that week would be hitting West on way to or from N.Vt if I go down NYS Thruway. 

7 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Indy announcing 4 more additions tomorrow - woohoo

Rooting for Elk or Plattekill as I figure Blue and Camelback would go Ikon if they joined a pass and ORDA hills unlikely to stray from ORDA pass.

Hopefully something useful for us! I'm kind of excited that I got this pass. Looking forward to using it and checking out some new places (hopefully).

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1