Indy Pass

trackbiker

Some other glade and then Timbuktu again...rode most of the day with Enjorales and pops, then cut over to the Jet lift a little before 2.  Was gonna do saddleback tomorrow but calling for freezing rain in the morning.   I'll make a last minute decision in the morning but probably hit Bolton valley and then stay in Burlington and hit some breweries. 

20220305_131501.jpg

20220305_141547.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Lake champlain is cool...

20220306_155210.jpg

20220306_155240.jpg

View from the hotel doesn't suck either 

20220306_161453.jpg

I didn’t even have to zoom in to know that was the Hilton...that’s where I stayed when I first visited Burlington with my parents in high school.  You used to be able to go from the back of the Hilton through the Burlington square mall and pop out on church street.  Back in the days when Bernie Sanders was mayor, the whole city was redeveloped...buildings and streets were removed for the mall and church street marketplace, designed by the same guy as Pearl street marketplace in @Barbbeloved Boulderado and the old industrial areas along lake champlain were removed to create a greenway.  

0DFCEA8B-8002-4A10-AA1D-95B67D782282.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I didn’t even have to zoom in to know that was the Hilton...that’s where I stayed when I first visited Burlington with my parents in high school.  You used to be able to go from the back of the Hilton through the Burlington square mall and pop out on church street.  Back in the days when Bernie Sanders was mayor, the whole city was redeveloped...buildings and streets were removed for the mall and church street marketplace, designed by the same guy as Pearl street marketplace in @Barbbeloved Boulderado and the old industrial areas along lake champlain were removed to create a greenway.  

0DFCEA8B-8002-4A10-AA1D-95B67D782282.png

Notice the friendly @toast21602 on that map too. I had a different hotel booked but canceled yesterday morning since i didn’t know what my plans were,  booked the Hilton for $50 less and got an upgraded room

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Uber told me me there were no ways home so after 4 brewery stops, I walked through sidewalks looking like this for a couple miles and saw a giant dick statue/rocket ship, while carrying a bunch of beer, until I made it back to my hotel.  Might hit Bolton or mount Ellen tomorrow or might just hit more breweries...both sound great 

20220306_203235.thumb.jpg.05284e43a382ae7c52073fb95c66fd05.jpg

20220306_203408.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Notice the friendly @toast21602 on that map too. I had a different hotel booked but canceled yesterday morning since i didn’t know what my plans were,  booked the Hilton for $50 less and got an upgraded room

When I was a kid Allentown had a Hilton and it later became a holiday inn and now its an apartment building. What did the upgraded room come with?  In Silverthorne I arrived at the Hampton Inn 3 hours before check in and thought I was going to have to sit in the lobby and charge my phone but I lucked out and they gave me the best Suite in the entire hotel.  It had a foyer, wet bar, couch...even a microwave.  They knew I booked through united airlines so maybe they thought I was a Pilot or an executive.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I was a kid Allentown had a Hilton and it later became a holiday inn and now its an apartment building. What did the upgraded room come with?  In Silverthorne I arrived at the Hampton Inn 3 hours before check in and thought I was going to have to sit in the lobby and charge my phone but I lucked out and they gave me the best Suite in the entire hotel.  It had a foyer, wet bar, couch...even a microwave.  They knew I booked through united airlines so maybe they thought I was a Pilot or an executive.  

Upgraded room is just a View of lake Champlain vs no view and a free drink during cocktail hour

8750BC9D-7CD1-4C03-B982-D29C86027BD5.jpeg

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Bolton and Mt ellen both look kinda rough today from the conditions report and the boa lace on my boot is about to break anyway so I'll skip riding.  I'll try to hit Orvis in Manchester on the way home and then maybe a brewery 

Highly recommend Equilibrium in Middletown, NY if that is on your way back home! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...