Indy Pass

trackbiker

Wound up at Bolton on 30th and B.East today. No lines and a decent amount open at both with good conditions. Some bare spots on the nautral snow trails at Bolton but nice of them to leave those trails open with thin cover warnings. Gonna take Sun and Mon off as conditions will be much worse. See what looks good next weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

West was not great on Sat. They had 3 full runs "open".

A black to blue open only to racers

A green to blue with a narrow steep fact that was ice

A green that was loose granular over frozen granular and was packed with people it was way too challenging for, falling down and skiing into one another.

Still doing 6 runs was a real nice way to break up the drive to N.VT.

We picked a good day to go to Jay with the tram open this weekend for the first time of the year about 2/3 of the non-glade terrain open. Unfortunately there was a big ice patch on the top of Ullr and I had a nasty fall on it on my third run, bruising my leg badly enough that it was the end of my ski day. The girls skied a bit more without me. Did get a nice pic of them at the top after our first ride up the tram.

20230115_092713.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Spent Sunday PM back at the hotel in bed taking ibuprofen and icing my leg. Woke up Mon AM and initially stood up and thought the leg felt good enough to ski, but within the first dozen steps realized that clearly was not the case. If I were at the top of a run and it were a necessity to get down, sure I could pull it off - as I had after my fall the day before. But it was foolhardy to go out for a day when I would be barely skiing, risking another fall, and delaying my recovery perhaps making for less skiing on future weekends.

On our prior trips to N.VT the girls had wanted to tour the VT Teddy Bear🧸 Company Factory, but the timing had never worked out with their first tour being at 11 and last at 3 = prime ski time. We had a nice leisurely Hampton Inn breakfast in St Albans and hit that on the way home instead, making for an enjoyable long weekend for them. Fortunately the leg I hurt was the left one and so did not interfere with my driving. 

20230116_105452.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

Staying slopeside at Saddleback Wednesday night and Thursday night.   If anyone is interested, let me know. 

Thinking Berkshire east tomorrow, maybe Burke Wednesday, and saddleback Thursday and Friday 

TFTI. As temps start trending colder here I'm hoping to actually put this pass to use. I need to at least get some uphill days at Shawnee soon. Hoping @JFskiDan can join for one midweek.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

TFTI. As temps start trending colder here I'm hoping to actually put this pass to use. I need to at least get some uphill days at Shawnee soon. Hoping @JFskiDan can join for one midweek.

Yeah planning on using my days at shawnee and montage, and Greek Peak also.  Probably do a long weekend in VT also 

2 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah planning on using my days at shawnee and montage, and Greek Peak also.  Probably do a long weekend in VT also 

Those are my three definite stops for using both days. Anything beyond that is a bonus and I'll have to see what I'm able to accomplish. Long weekend in VT sounds nice and I'm sure some of the other Indy Passers here might be interested... maybe? 

• Like 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

Those are my three definite stops for using both days. Anything beyond that is a bonus and I'll have to see what I'm able to accomplish. Long weekend in VT sounds nice and I'm sure some of the other Indy Passers here might be interested... maybe? 

@Ski2Live Live2Ski might be interested 

• Like 1

Used my Indy Pass at Montage on Saturday. Conditions were firm but carveable. No lift lines at all and crew picking up trash under the lifts.

Looking at Greek Peak next weekend. It looks like they got all snow out of this precipitation today. I'll be in Maine the following week. Hope to hit Saddleback, Abram, Black of Maine and possibly Black of NH if conditions are good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Used my Indy Pass at Montage on Saturday. Conditions were firm but carveable. No lift lines at all and crew picking up trash under the lifts.

Looking at Greek Peak next weekend. It looks like they got all snow out of this precipitation today. I'll be in Maine the following week. Hope to hit Saddleback, Abram, Black of Maine and possibly Black of NH if conditions are good.

You probably already know this, but black mountain of Maine and abram are only open Thursday through Sunday.   Thought about one of those two for Wednesday before I realized that

2 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

You probably already know this, but black mountain of Maine and abram are only open Thursday through Sunday.   Thought about one of those two for Wednesday before I realized that

Yep. A good friend of mine has a place between Bethel and Gorham. I'll be heading up Tuesday after work and skiing Wed. to Saturday. Even without the Indy Pass Black of ME is $15 on Thursday and $25 on Friday. Abram is $35 everyday.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

i have been kicking around a long weekend like this.   drive to Magic Fri AM, ski, drive to Jay, 2 days a Jay, or 1 Jay, 1 Cannon.  Something like that.  Either way its 3-4 mountains i have never skied.  I really hope VT starts to get going.  Jay is getting there....66/81 trails.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

I need to at least get some uphill days at Shawnee soon. Hoping @JFskiDan can join for one midweek.

TFTI, thinking of bugging out of work one (this?) Friday afternoon to do a lap or two

Not sure I can rearrange meetings to do this Friday (I can try) but next Friday 2/3 I should be good. Keep me posted. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, toast21602 said:

On 1/24/2023 at 5:22 AM, mbike-ski said:

I need to at least get some uphill days at Shawnee soon. Hoping @JFskiDan can join for one midweek.

TFTI, thinking of bugging out of work one (this?) Friday afternoon to do a lap or two

fridays are good for me, mondays ok, t,w,th are awkward unless there is some PA powder to be had. Lets make this happen soon. Let me know.