Indy Pass

trackbiker

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Safest vehicle on the road for my girls. Built like a tank & police depts follow vehicle maint scheds to the letter.

2011 Crown Vic with 145k miles

I wont disagree that the crown vic is a decent car, used parts are plentiful since they built millions of them, even though police departments "follow vehicle maint scheds to the letter"  (LOL)  cops also love to beat the shit out of thier cars.  Not one of the dudes doing a burnout, tossing it around a corner trying to pretend its a Lambo, or jumping it over a curb is going "oh my, i shouldnt do that again, dont want the next owner to think the car was abused"

• Like 1

Back on track here, Greek says they will be open this weekend, they have pond skim scheduled for Sat, Montage is "checking out the weather"......they havent closed, but might have.  if Saturdays weather shows any kind of rain, my bet is they pack it in.  

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Safest vehicle on the road for my girls. Built like a tank & police depts follow vehicle maint scheds to the letter.

State trooper friend says add about 50k miles of idling in place engine wear to that 145 k..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

@JFskiDan already covered the gross misunderstanding of how police cars at treated.  I'll cover the safety part.  Crown Vics aren't safe.  "Built like a tank" ... not always a good thing.  Crown Vics barely have side airbags, let alone curtain airbags.  Crown Vics are body on frame cars.  The safest cars are ones with very soft front and rear ends, with a very rigid passenger cell.  The idea is that all the energy can be absorbed by those crumple zones.  When you have a frame ... there really isn't a crumple zone.  You've never been good with the details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely owe my life to having driven a 73 LTD (grandpa of the crown vic) my dad got me as a teen, and that long hood 100% served as a crumple zone when it saved my 17yo life.

Gonna stay in Lincoln NH for 3-4 nights and ski some combo of Cannon, Waterville and maybe Jay with girls. Driving up Sat (or Fri if forecast clears for Sat).  

GSS should definitely spring for a 2nd car for my girls. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1

Looking at weather trends I think best bet for our Indy tour will be

Sat PM Catamount - should be clear by 1-2

Sun PM BEast - should thaw in afternoon

Mon Cannon - all day

Tue Waterville - unless I feel like I'd rather do a 2nd Cannon day

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looking at weather trends I think best bet for our Indy tour will be

Sat PM Catamount - should be clear by 1-2

Sun PM BEast - should thaw in afternoon

Mon Cannon - all day

Tue Waterville - unless I feel like I'd rather do a 2nd Cannon day

If you take the police cruiser you will make great time.  

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 9:44 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Definitely owe my life to having driven a 73 LTD (grandpa of the crown vic) my dad got me as a teen, and that long hood 100% served as a crumple zone when it saved my 17yo life

That may have been the safest car back then, vehicle engineering has come a long way. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

That may have been the safest car back then, vehicle engineering has come a long way. 

Any car that is loved by Demolition Derby Dudes is a durable car, but safety is actually pretty low on the list.  

https://www.hotcars.com/crown-victoria-best-demolition-derby-cars/

But dark tinted windows should come in handy too.  

• Like 1