Can anyone loan me 3 grand before these memberships sell out?

enjoralas

SMDH.

In the latest installment of "Camelback's gonna Camelback" I give to you the "Pocono Premier" membership. For the low, low cost of one thousand dollars a year, you can buy yourself 50 percent* off hotel stays and 30 percent* off lift tickets & other activities, as well as a generous discounted self-parking rate of $15, among other incredibly valuable amenities. Only $3000 for a three year membership, but you better act fast because that *screaming* deal only applies for the first 50 Founding members. (Let's be honest, we know that rate sold out in the first hour.) Then it's $4000 for the rest of the peasants. 

These people are going to be managing Blue. God help us. Enjoy every damn minute this season. 

*Up to 50/30 percent off. Actual discount may vary.

Full text pasted below for anyone who wants to read it without visiting Camelback's website.

https://www.camelbackresort.com/2021/07/pocono-premier-membership/

CAMELBACK RESORT LAUNCHES NEW EXCLUSIVE “POCONO PREMIER MEMBERSHIP” ON JULY 23

Jul 15, 2021

Benefits, Discounts and Perks Come with Resort Membership

TANNERSVILLE, Penn. (July 15, 2021) – Camelback Resort – a top year-round recreational destination with unsurpassed skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing, waterparks, ziplining, Pennsylvania’s only mountain coaster and more – introduces Pocono Premier Membership, a loyalty program offering exclusive benefits for frequent resort guests. The new program launches July 23.

“Pocono Premier members will enjoy preferred rates on guestrooms and amenities, including all year-round activities,” said Shawn Hauver, managing director of the 560-acre resort. “With our recent rebranding and new look, Camelback Resort continues to push forward its positioning as a premier destination in the Pocono Mountains.”

As the new Camelback Resort continues to emerge, members have much to enjoy and look forward to including the recent modernization and redesigning of the resort’s 453 guest rooms sporting vibrant colors, rustic furnishings and in-room art created by local photographers; new and revamped food and beverage offerings at Graffiti Pizza, the Sugar Shack and Berrelli’s Italian Chophouse; and the installment of Camelback’s user-friendly “contactless” access for visitors to pre-book accommodations, plan adventure itineraries, procure tickets and much more.

Other new amenities and programming includes Café by La Colombe coming later this month for espresso and coffee drinks, light bites and craft cocktail program and the resort’s new artist-in-residence program – “The Creative Collection at Camelback.”

“Pocono Premier members will have loyalty benefits, preferred rates, special access and VIP pricing at our waterparks, mountain adventures and restaurants,” added Hauver.

Pocono Premier Membership offers:

Up to 50% savings on reservations at Camelback Lodge

15% savings on all dining at resort restaurants

Up to 30% savings on Camelback Mountain Adventures including ski lift tickets

Up to 30% savings on Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark admission and activities  

15% savings in select resort shops

15% savings on private catered events

Preferred self-parking rate of $15 (valet parking remains at prevailing rate)

Dedicated concierge to assist members throughout their stay

Private member only resort check-in area

Member dedicated email and phone number for reservations

Price for Pocono Premier Membership is $3,000 for the first 50 founding members; $4,000 for other memberships. Membership term lasts for three years. To inquire and learn more, guests can contact membership@camelbackresort.com.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back in the day I’d spend $30 a year to get BOGO or 50% off deals at restaurants, attractions and more.  It was called the Entertainment book.  I’m sure some folks with deep pockets might be interested but 15% off dining and shops is a joke.  We receive 10% off those things just for having a season pass.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I found the page for it on the customer facing website instead of the press release, where there is an electronic version of a marketing book for it. It has this about the room discount:

Special room rates: Book 7 days in advance to lock in $159/night rate for standard king or queen suites OR receive up to 50% savings on the best available rate for an upgraded suite.

If that $159 rate is good for weekends as well and in the middle of winter, than I could actually see a (relatively affluent) family getting value out of it. That's at least $150 less than a room would cost on a Friday or Saturday night. But I bet it doesn't include those types of days.

image.png

Edited by enjoralas

I have said it before, but no sense getting worked up about something that KSL is doing at another resort.  

Permission to go off the deep end once it starts happening at Blue.  Lots of other things to be concerned about in the mean time.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

So does Barb still have anything to do with blue or is she completely gone?

This seems pretty muddy, and i can be totally wrong, but i think its something like she still owns the land, but KSL is managing it.  

• Like 2

I hate this...I hate all of it however from a marketing perspective I get it. They're catering to NY and NJ folks who, by investing, feel as if they have some sort of ownership (even though it's not) in CB / Poconos. Chances are if you drop 3 grand you're making CB your home mountain / sole ski destination encouring the suckers who buy this trash to return multiple times year. God I can't wait to get out of PA.

• Like 1

No need to hate it as it doesn't really change anything for us. If Camelback needs $150k soon to pay a bond then whatever. If the mountains can sell these ridiculous products to the wealthy city folks who want that "Poconos experience" then so be it. Let them make money from someone else and let us just ski. 

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

No need to hate it as it doesn't really change anything for us. If Camelback needs $150k soon to pay a bond then whatever. If the mountains can sell these ridiculous products to the wealthy city folks who want that "Poconos experience" then so be it. Let them make money from someone else and let us just ski. 

I wonder if there's a lawsuit type thing pending from the chair lift incident

• Like 1

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

I wonder if there's a lawsuit type thing pending from the chair lift incident

I like this theory. Perhaps 150k is the retainer.  Though they would probably already have a corporate attorney. I like your idea of the lawsuit though. That went away shockingly fast.....

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I hate this...I hate all of it however from a marketing perspective I get it. They're catering to NY and NJ folks who, by investing, feel as if they have some sort of ownership (even though it's not) in CB / Poconos. Chances are if you drop 3 grand you're making CB your home mountain / sole ski destination encouring the suckers who buy this trash to return multiple times year. God I can't wait to get out of PA.

There’s a lot of trashy people in the Rocky Mountains as well but the pizza and hoagies aren’t as good. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

14 minutes ago, Schif said:

I like this theory. Perhaps 150k is the retainer.  Though they would probably already have a corporate attorney. I like your idea of the lawsuit though. That went away shockingly fast.....

You’re looking into this $150k thing way too much.  Camelbeach probably takes in $150k on a busy day. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re looking into this $150k thing way too much.  Camelbeach probably takes in $150k on a busy day. 

Which is why I'm wondering why they would put together something like this. Maybe my brain is poisoned by the fact that I'm deep into a Fixed Income class.