2021-22 winter ski season thread...

In a couple weeks the ski magazines for the new ski season come out and local resorts are already selling elite membership plans for people who will pay extra for heated seats..cough cough Camelback..mountain coaster is rad..

In this thread post anything skiing or snowboarding or snowlerblading related and I’ll post some mad crispy ski edits I find on the intermanet...I think it’s gonna be a good ski season coming up..I’m actually gonna start saving up for a new ski helmet.  TGIF used to mean Family Matters, step by step, I think that dinosaurs show one season, Perfect Strangers and Full House....during ski season it means picking up a strong but not too strong beer and maybe some Steezy sausage that will explode in your mouth with that first bite similar to that first run of the season....

ORDA Frequent skier cards going on sale soon...99 bucks. Noteworthy however they dropped the 6th day is free. Still a nice deal. 

• 1 free day Anytime available at Whiteface, Gore, or Belleayre
  • 50% off lift tickets Monday -Friday (non-holiday)
  • 25% off lift tickets Saturday /Sunday & Holidays
  • Ease of reloading online – and going direct to lift
  • No capacity limits for Frequent Skier Card holders (unlike lift tickets which may sell out)

Cards will go on sale later this summer, please check back in August.

*Note: 6th day free is no longer available for this product.

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On my way to work today I saw somebody wearing a jacket and a knit hat..skison is getting closer.  

What are your hopes and dreams for this upcoming season?  A week in Jackson Hole and an April Colorado skifari?  

I'm starting to get excited as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

What are your hopes and dreams for this upcoming season?  A week in Jackson Hole and an April Colorado skifari?  

I'm starting to get excited as well.

Yeah but maybe somewhere different as well...Vermont, Utah..maybe New York.  Weekday mornings at Blue as much as possible as well just so Bethlehem Ford guy can be like,”don’t you work”..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but maybe somewhere different as well...Vermont, Utah..maybe New York.  Weekday mornings at Blue as much as possible as well just so Bethlehem Ford guy can be like,”don’t you work”..

I definitely want to get back to Utah this winter. It has been a few years since I've ben meadow skipping. Gotta get @mute1080 and Ryan out there with me. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I definitely want to get back to Utah this winter. It has been a few years since I've ben meadow skipping. Gotta get @mute1080 and Ryan out there with me. 

I haven’t skied in Utah since the mid ‘90s.  Would be great to get back if only for a short trip.

• Love 1

Looking forward to a new season, retiring end of September so looking at 4 to 5 days per week skiing! 2 days at Bear for Mountain Host and re-aquainting with Blue, Jack, Montage, Elk and getting to New England! Maybe get lucky and meet up with you guys one day at Blue.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Looking forward to a new season, retiring end of September so looking at 4 to 5 days per week skiing! 2 days at Bear for Mountain Host and re-aquainting with Blue, Jack, Montage, Elk and getting to New England! Maybe get lucky and meet up with you guys one day at Blue.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement! Let us know when you are hitting up Blue. There is almost always one of us around up there. 

I want to get back to Utah as well and probably Colorado. Likely only time for one trip for me this winter though so lots of Blue time. I want to get out west during a time when I can actually get some snow though. Also I'm feeling a desire to go touring again. 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I want to get back to Utah as well and probably Colorado. Likely only time for one trip for me this winter though so lots of Blue time. I want to get out west during a time when I can actually get some snow though. Also I'm feeling a desire to go touring again. 

I'm considering a Utah / Idaho trip right now. Not sure what that looks like but it is something that I've been meaning to explore.

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I'm considering a Utah / Idaho trip right now. Not sure what that looks like but it is something that I've been meaning to explore.

Seems pretty doable. Looks like some cool rustic looking resorts in southern Idaho and maybe a half days drive from SLC. 

Just now, Schif said:

Seems pretty doable. Looks like some cool rustic looking resorts in southern Idaho and maybe a half days drive from SLC. 

Yeah, If I go I'd want to do a Boise-SLC or SLC-Boise flight. Probably would want to stay in Ogden and ski Powder and Basin. Just thinking (typing) things outs. Maybe this weekend I'll actually look into logistics and feasibility.