2021-22 winter ski season thread...

29 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I have no idea what I'm doing yet. I'll go somewhere. Arizona? CO or NY? IDK yet...so many things could dictate / determine...not the least of which is COVID again.

I picked up the Indy Pass so the PowMow tickets on that and some places in Idaho swayed that decision. Plus the "local" places within an easy drive from here. It opens up some interesting possibilities to explore places I wouldn't think of. Even if I don't get to use it out west I will still be able to get my moneys worth out of it here. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I have no idea what I'm doing yet. I'll go somewhere. Arizona? CO or NY? IDK yet...so many things could dictate / determine...not the least of which is COVID again.

I don’t think Covid will affect this skison except international travel and probably still have to wear masks on planes which is something I might just continue to do.  

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think Covid will affect this skison except international travel and probably still have to wear masks on planes which is something I might just continue to do.  

Agreed but Covid may affect me if crap gets bad again and colleges go virtual...or if they close everything down and my daughter decides that she wants to come home and I need to make unexpected flights. That would likely throw a wrench into any west coast ski trip plans. Its just tough to plan anything not knowing where things are going. I was confident that we were good but seemingly here we go again.

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Agreed but Covid may affect me if crap gets bad again and colleges go virtual...or if they close everything down and my daughter decides that she wants to come home and I need to make unexpected flights. That would likely throw a wrench into any west coast ski trip plans. Its just tough to plan anything not knowing where things are going. I was confident that we were good but seemingly here we go again.

I gotcha, there’s even a thread on Teton gravity titled Covid and the college student. The kids that graduated from high school in 2020 I feel for..they missed proms, senior fun stuff, graduations, college orientations..normal college freshman year and now the next year is in jeopardy for all students.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It would be an absolute nightmare for colleges to go virtual again. I think the thing that shows that they won't is the fact that they've already sold tickets for full capacity football stadiums again. Colleges might put strict rules in place but they certainly won't send kids home 2 years in a row. She's at Arizona State right? Have they put a vaccine mandate in place or anything? 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

It would be an absolute nightmare for colleges to go virtual again. I think the thing that shows that they won't is the fact that they've already sold tickets for full capacity football stadiums again. Colleges might put strict rules in place but they certainly won't send kids home 2 years in a row. She's at Arizona State right? Have they put a vaccine mandate in place or anything? 

To my knowledge no mask mandates and it should be business as usual. She did send proof of vaccination bit I don't know if vaccination is mandatory... probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if they added some sort of stipulation for indoors. Last year was a bummer. Campus was eerily quiet when I went to move her out. The rec center was gated up... no sports happening on the intermural fields. No actual football in the stadium (but they sure as shit charged that student activities fee), no clubs, no in person class or labs. If it goes that route again...may as well be home.

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

To my knowledge no mask mandates and it should be business as usual. She did send proof of vaccination bit I don't know if vaccination is mandatory... probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if they added some sort of stipulation for indoors. Last year was a bummer. Campus was eerily quiet when I went to move her out. The rec center was gated up... no sports happening on the intermural fields. No actual football in the stadium (but they sure as shit charged that student activities fee), no clubs, no in person class or labs. If it goes that route again...may as well be home.

If my freshman year of college was like that I probably would have never become a drunk and a pothead. 

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm posting this right now from a classroom at Villanova. No masks. The school built a secure portal where I had to upload my vaccine card by August 1 or I was dropped from my fall classes. The current policy is that all students need to be vaccinated unless you have a legitimate medical or religious exemption. If you are not vaccinated you'll be subject to regular testing throughout the year here. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm posting this right now from a classroom at Villanova. No masks. The school built a secure portal where I had to upload my vaccine card by August 1 or I was dropped from my fall classes. The current policy is that all students need to be vaccinated unless you have a legitimate medical or religious exemption. If you are not vaccinated you'll be subject to regular testing throughout the year here. 

That’s the policy where I work but masks must be worn at all times indoors as of right now. Unless I’m in my office or something 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 9:18 PM, RidgeRacer said:

ORDA Frequent skier cards going on sale soon...99 bucks. Noteworthy however they dropped the 6th day is free. Still a nice deal. 

• 1 free day Anytime available at Whiteface, Gore, or Belleayre
  • 50% off lift tickets Monday -Friday (non-holiday)
  • 25% off lift tickets Saturday /Sunday & Holidays
  • Ease of reloading online – and going direct to lift
  • No capacity limits for Frequent Skier Card holders (unlike lift tickets which may sell out)

Cards will go on sale later this summer, please check back in August.

*Note: 6th day free is no longer available for this product.

These are on sale now. Grabbed one. Hard not to for 99 bucks.

• Like 1

Verwhat? 😁

Planning on wf again since my wife was telling me that she's down to come along. I think the Olympics got her in the mood...not to mention I watched "miracle" on the plane home from AZ which is an awesome movie and got me jonesingfor a little LP. Will do a few days at Belle of course.. Planning on going west as well. Where and for how long is tbd. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Verwhat? 😁

Planning on wf again since my wife was telling me that she's down to come along. I think the Olympics got her in the mood...not to mention I watched "miracle" on the plane home from AZ which is an awesome movie and got me jonesingfor a little LP. Will do a few days at Belle of course.. Planning on going west as well. Where and for how long is tbd. 

Why go to Vermont when Elk is so close?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'd love that. He would get the red carpet treatment of course.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Definitely deserves it. 

I can’t offer up a buddy pass or anything like that but I’d chip in monetarily to make that happen.