2021-22 winter ski season thread...

On 7/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, RidgeRacer said:

I was wrong...they came today. Now to act as if these don't exist for the next 3 months!179085531_IMG_20210727_124827_HDR2.thumb.jpg.67c641f1ef9fc6f2b8f3e89564d61689.jpg

Narrowed my binding selections down to 3....Marker Jester, Tyrolia Attack 14, Look pivot. Thoughts on any of these? I'm looking for light weight and durability basically. Look appears to be the most durable with metal build but perhaps heavier. Tyrolias appear to be the lightest. Marker's are somewhere in between the two.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Narrowed my binding selections down to 3....Marker Jester, Tyrolia Attack 14, Look pivot. Thoughts on any of these? I'm looking for light weight and durability basically. Look appears to be the most durable with metal build but perhaps heavier. Tyrolias appear to be the lightest. Marker's are somewhere in between the two.

I took a chance on the tyrolia attacks and they’ve been great.  Was a little worried if they could take a beating but they have been durable and no performance problems at all either.  Can’t go wrong with pivots either, but I think the attacks are cheaper.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm a Rossi/look fanboy, i try to keep things somewhat consistant, so these are what i put on all my (current) skis.  I have never been on pivots, but my vote would be for Look SPX 12's.  

I’m the same way. Never had pivots. Some people only ski them. Doesn’t seem to matter to me since I’m the best skier on the mountain without them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I’m the same way. Never had pivots. Some people only ski them. Doesn’t seem to matter to me since I’m the best skier on the mountain without them. 

What bindings were on the bigfoots?  i missed checking out the bindings in total awe of your form on them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I took a chance on the tyrolia attacks and they’ve been great.  Was a little worried if they could take a beating but they have been durable and no performance problems at all either.  Can’t go wrong with pivots either, but I think the attacks are cheaper.

Leaning toward the tyrolia primarily because they're light weight. I think I ruled the markers out. 

• Like 2

Pivots. But make sure whatever you get works with your boot. Gripwalk, WTR, MNC, etc had to go and make things complicated again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big Snow thoughts:

1. It felt so good walking into that cold.

2.  Had a nice time, but will be tough to justify time and money more than once a year.

3. No lift lines was nice, and got plenty of runs.  Nice sugar snow.

4.  Rode a snow bike for 4 runs, it was cool and I got the hang of it pretty quickly. 

5. I’ve known for years that you always take the trucks and buses side of the Jersey turnpike.  On the way home messed up and got in the cars only side, couldn’t get above 70 due to the congestion

6.  A mall charging for parking seems weird, but I’ll survive the $3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Big Snow thoughts:

2.  Had a nice time, but will be tough to justify time and money more than once a year.

4.  Rode a snow bike for 4 runs, it was cool and I got the hang of it pretty quickly. 

5. I’ve known for years that you always take the trucks and buses side of the Jersey turnpike.  On the way home messed up and got in the cars only side, couldn’t get above 70 due to the congestion

My parents local mall in Arlington VA charges for parking.  

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Big Snow thoughts:

I don't remember having to pay for parking when we went there last October/November. Its a good time, though. I'll go back.

• Like 1