2021-22 winter ski season thread...

I like this site because they use legit vert. Basically top to bottom without having to take a lift or traverse. http://mountainvertical.com/true-up-vertical.html

They have Big Sky at 4016 and Jackson at 4100. The bird is at 3243 and steamboat at 2479 (although they advertise as being much higher).  In the east its the Face at 3216 (number 12 overall in the US). Sugarbush at 2552 and Sugarloaf at 2410. They have Killington at just a hair over the mighty Blue at 1645 (Killington peak basically). Blue of course is at 1082.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I like this site because they use legit vert. Basically top to bottom without having to take a lift or traverse. http://mountainvertical.com/true-up-vertical.html

They have Big Sky at 4016 and Jackson at 4100. The bird is at 3243 and steamboat at 2479 (although they advertise as being much higher).  In the east its the Face at 3216 (number 12 overall in the US). Sugarbush at 2552 and Sugarloaf at 2410. They have Killington at just a hair over the mighty Blue at 1645 (Killington peak basically). Blue of course is at 1082.

Vert is vert! I wonder what they have Mt. Mik at? Probably right around BB at ~50 feet. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

IMO vert us only a thing in the east. In the west it's irrelevant because of the total acreage you're skiing. Imagine thinking Brighton is small because of its 1800 vert.

As is reporting "base depth" at any ski resort around us.  its pretty irrelevant, i mean, when your just skiing on-piste, i mean wtf is the difference between groomed, and 75" base?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

IMO vert us only a thing in the east. In the west it's irrelevant because of the total acreage you're skiing. Imagine thinking Brighton is small because of its 1800 vert.

Truth as on non groomers I need a breather every several hundred vert or so.