2021-22 winter ski season thread...

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What was the issue gettin Grayson’s season pass. 

Their system was down so I couldn’t buy it ahead online, so waited at Guest Service. She asked when he turned 6 and I said next month, and she said that because they wouldn’t be open before his 6th birthday he couldn’t get a child pass. I told her that the website just said that it had to be processed by showing up at Guest Services with his birth certificate prior to his birthday. Then she said that their policy was age on Jan 15 to determine eligibility. I repeated what the website had said when it was working. She chatted with someone and processed it and it took 3 minutes after that.

Edited by enjoralas

17 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Their system was down so I couldn’t buy it ahead online, so waited at Guest Service. She asked when he turned 6 and I said next month, and she said that because they wouldn’t be open before his 6th birthday he couldn’t get a child pass. I told her that the website just said that it had to be processed by showing up at Guest Services with his birth certificate prior to his birthday. Then she said that their policy was age on Jan 15 to determine eligibility. I repeated what the website had said when it was working. She chatted with someone and processed it and it took 3 minutes after that.

I’m glad that the new ownership hasn’t changed things at Blue 

2022 ski mag resort rankings for those in need of a laugh. 

West...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/resort-guide-2022/resort-guide-2022-top-30-resorts-west/

Cliff notes version...winter park and steamboat are ranked higher than Jackson hole and Snowbird 

East...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/resort-guide-2022/resort-guide-2022-top-20-resorts-east/

Two PA resorts and a Massachusetts resort make the top 20. Holiday Valley is the greatest thing ever.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

2022 ski mag resort rankings for those in need of a laugh. 

West...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/resort-guide-2022/resort-guide-2022-top-30-resorts-west/

Cliff notes version...winter park and steamboat are ranked higher than Jackson hole and Snowbird 

East...

https://www.skimag.com/ski-resort-life/resort-guide-2022/resort-guide-2022-top-20-resorts-east/

Two PA resorts and a Massachusetts resort make the top 20. Holiday Valley is the greatest thing ever.

I honestly believe for the average family winter park and steamboat would provide a much better experience than Jackson hole and Snowbird.  For advanced and expert skiers the reverse is true. 

I went on a plane ticket buying spree on Friday and booked some flights for Jackson Hole and Taos.  Also reserved a weekend in Vermont and a couple nights at the Anthracite Inn for some skiing in little Vermont (Elk).  We'll see what else I can pull off when the time gets closer.  The stoke is building!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I went on a plane ticket buying spree on Friday and booked some flights for Jackson Hole and Taos.  Also reserved a weekend in Vermont and a couple nights at the Anthracite Inn for some skiing in little Vermont (Elk).  We'll see what else I can pull off when the time gets closer.  The stoke is building!

High five for stoke.  I’m gonna google the anthracite inn. Where in Vermont?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

High five for stoke.  I’m gonna google the anthracite inn. Where in Vermont?

We're staying near Okemo in Ludlow at a place we stayed at and liked 2 years ago.  I'll decide where we ski a few days before, depending on conditions and terrain open since it will be early season (week before xmas).  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

We're staying near Okemo in Ludlow at a place we stayed at and liked 2 years ago.  I'll decide where we ski a few days before, depending on conditions and terrain open since it will be early season (week before xmas).  

Did you ski at Magic a few years ago?

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

By Anthracite Inn do you mean Hotel Anthracite? My brother is getting married there and we went to the restaurant there for his birthday a few weeks ago. Fantastic food

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schif said:

By Anthracite Inn do you mean Hotel Anthracite? My brother is getting married there and we went to the restaurant there for his birthday a few weeks ago. Fantastic food

Lol yes I do mean Hotel Anthracite, not sure why I keep calling it anthracite inn.  The food situation was super weird due to COVID last winter when we stayed there.    

54 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

We’re doing a day at Magic in February on our way to Stowe and I’m looking forward to it. If you have any dinner recommendations, don’t hold back.

I took all my meals at the Black Line Tavern (BLT), which is where I made friends with some locals who showed me around.  It’s the base lodge, and has pretty good food and brewskis.  I think they’ve made significant improvements since I was there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I took all my meals at the Black Line Tavern (BLT), which is where I made friends with some locals who showed me around.  It’s the base lodge, and has pretty good food and brewskis.  I think they’ve made significant improvements since I was there.

They had a great Bloody Mary bar last time I was there

• Like 1